Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frontline Tritak - is this a new formula?

I received and advertisement for Frontline Tritak. I remember Frontline Plus, and I've gotten away from using Frontline. I am wondering if this is a new, improved formula for fleas and ticks. I've seen a few ticks in my area last fall and already this year, so I am looking for the best product. Any advise? Thank you.

Re: Frontline Tritak - is this a new formula?

Added a new chemical so now quick kill. We just got it in the clinic.

Merial released this formula in the south last year so we have been using it long enough to get feedback from clients and the majority of it has been positive for working faster and for the full month. They also have a brand new product called nexgard the is a chewable and gets fleas and ticks for a month. It will be interesting to see how well this one works,esp. against the ticks.

Oh I would love a safe oral med for ticks!

They released nexgard and immediately were back ordered because of under production. Had an lunch and learn yesterday and sounds very exciting. The ticks are killed before they inject tick born virus. Pretty cool. Kills fleas fast and for full 30 days. YEAH!

Looks like Nexgard only takes care of Dog Ticks:

http://www.nexgardfordogs.com/Style%20Library/nexgard/docs/NexGard_PI.pdf

Does anyone know if this new Frontline safe for pregnant dogs ?

Joy,

I've been trying to track down the label for the new product, Tritak. Its not even in the compendium of Vet products yet.

I posted the link to the NexGard label above. It has not been tested for safety in pregnant and lactating bitches.

If any of the vets on the forum have the Nexgard label, I'd love to see it.

Thanks.

Sue Puff

I changed to Adavantix because it REPELS the ticks, Frontline only kills the after they hook on…and can already transmit the virus :(