Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CERF/OFA eye question

I am getting ready to submit some OFA eye certificates. I've always done CERF in the past. Does anyone know if you pay the initial or resubmit fee? These are all re submits but new submissions to the OFA eye program. Too early or call them...

Thanks. Sue Puff

Re: CERF/OFA eye question

Hi Sue! My ACVO started doing the OFA forms instead of the CERF forms last time around, I sent them in with the resubmit fee, and they have been listed with no issues.

Hi Sue,

You can pay the re-submit fee. I run a health clinic for JSLRC and last year when everything had just changed over I contacted CERF and OFA.

I believe OFA charges 8.00 for a re-submit and, at that time, CERF had said you could still send the OFA form to them if you wanted...they would also accept a copy if someone wanted to send to OFA and also send to CERF.

Hope that helps,
Donna

Mail the form and the resubmit fee to CERF not OFA. I will continue to support CERF. They'll take the OFA form.

Thanks everyone! OFA is still taking CERF forms. Turns out some vets are just using the old CERF forms to use them up.

Interesting addendum to the CERF/OFA thing. My two Opthamologists that I use are going with OFA. They were pretty adament. The reason both said they were making the switch was that CERF continually promised data and research and never produced. They felt, along with the ACVO group, that with OFA they could get data on diseases in a more timely fashion.

So...my one vet is using the OFA forms, which I just resubmitted for $8 and my other is still using CERF forms but submitting to OFA.

Sue Puff

btw…LOVE the OFA forms!!