Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wireless video camera

I was looking at possibly getting a wireless video camera (Gopro, dropcam, foscam, etc.)to be able to view the whelping area when elsewhere around the house (or at the barn) over wireless to an ipad or android phone. Any recommendations on the three mentioned or others that are better?
Thanks.

Re: Wireless video camera

I just got a Dropcam Pro $199.00 and have been using it for just over a week. I love it! It is extremely easy to set up - takes minutes. I use it with my Ipad or IPhone. You do need a strong wireless conection and have to have your wireless fairly close to the camera. My camera is not as close as it would like to be so it does disconnect sometimes but will come back online without much difficulty.
When the pups are a bit older I will be able to watch them from anywhere! I would not even have to be home to check on them!
I wish I had one of these years ago. I think my Momma dog is so much more relaxed with her puppies without me sitting there staring at them every minute! I can do all the staring I want to from another room.
I have it mounted on the ceiling looking down at the litter and can see over the sides of the whelping box that way.
Did I say that I love this camera?
If you would like more information feel free to contact me privately!
I am going to switch from the forum to my camera right now to take a look - it really is that easy!
Good luck!
Janice

I tried the Foscam and could not get it to sync with my computer. I have the dLink and it works well with my iPhone so I can check when I am away from home or on another floor of the house. Dropcam also came highly recommended and was supposedly the easiest to get up and running. I think the dLink had features the Dropcam did not, such as pan /tilt when I looked more than a year ago so I opted for the dLink. The dLink was easy to find in local electronics stores and therefore easy to return if I would have had any problems with it. The dLink also occasionally drops the connection when the wireless signal is weak.

The barn owner who boards my horse has a dlink for watching her new foal. It seems to work really well and has gotten good reviews.