Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rental Car for Potomac

Does anyone have any good suggestions on obtaining a rental car for Potomac? In the past I've taken the shuttle to and from the airport but would love to see if I can get a car cheaper. After paying the shuttle fee and tipping, it usually runs me about $190-$200. I can only attend Tuesday morning through Friday. Every time I get on to look at rental cars I'm quoted a different price. I've been told to rent one for a week as its cheaper and just turn it in early. How does this work, do you prepay? Anyone have any secrets or insight into the best way to reserve a rental car economically?

Re: Rental Car for Potomac

What airport?

This site compares all of the rental company prices at the airport that you are flying into. The days that you want to rent for (total of 4 days) will be charged the daily rate. In fact I just looked up from Baltimore and the cheapest car from Budget is a total of $139.99. You will get a pop up for Priceline's rate which is more expensive! A weekly rate is actually 5 daily rates and you get to keep the car for 7 days so not really cheaper.

Good luck and see you there!

I'd be flying in/out of Baltimore. Thanks for the suggestion. I just went to the site and the lowest I was quoted was $187. Crazy, that's what I meant by I get different quotes all the time! :-). I guess I will just need to randomly check for good prices.

I rented a car for Potomac through Costco travel services and got very good rate on a nice car for the week. We landed at BWI.