Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Progard 5 replacement

I always bought Progard 5 and it has been discontinued. What are people using now?

Re: Progard 5 replacement

I use the Vanguard Plus 5

I use Vanguard plus 5 too

Supposedly the replacement is Nobivac 1-DAPPv. I went to this a couple years ago and have had no problems.

Re: Progard 5 replacement / Nobivac 1-DAPPv

COULD ANYONE ELSE WHO USED Nobivac 1-DAPPv PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE GOOD OR BAD.

I am about to have my vet vaccinate my pups with the Nobivac 1-DAPPv for the first time.

I had terrible problems in the past with Duramune. I have been using Pfizer Vanguard Plus 5 but the vet only has the Nobivac in stock.

PLEASE email me privately if you prefer to be anonymous.
THANKS!!!

I have a friend with Italian Greyhounds that uses Nobivac and she has never had any issues or problems with it. With the freezing cold temperatures I was not able to order and ship vaccines so I picked up one of her Nobivac 1-DAPPV for a singleton puppy of mine in the meantime. I saw no problems.

As I stated above, I've been using it for ~2 yrs (post Progard 5 availability) and have had no problems at all. I think Vanguard products are good too but never had faith in Duramune due to some very suspicious reactions w/ other vets years ago.

Thanks everyone who answered here and privately.

So far, all I received was positive feedback.
Laura

Re: Progard 5 replacement / Nobivac 1-DAPPv FOLLOW UP

Just a follow up.
I had my litter vaccinated with the Nobivac 1-DAPPv vaccine and there were no problems!
Thanks everyone for the very helpful responses.

My repro vet only uses Vanguard and also recommends the product. I never had a problem with the Duramune, but I haven't used it in 4-5yrs. I've been using Vanguard exclusively.