General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Puppy limping

Many reasons
RN
For situations like this I give a Glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM with vitamin C supplement. I like Swanson's as theirs has it all in one liquid and they ship right away and are very inexpensive.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-glucosamine-chondroitin-msm-orange-16-fl-oz-474-ml-liquid?SourceCode=INTL405&CAWELAID=129500238&mkwid=7IqApz0g&pcrid=49285704727&gclid=CIGn8JP2oL0CFcg7MgodnnIAJw

For limping use 2 TBSP on food am and pm and crate rest 3 weeks. All the but really serious injuries will resolve with this regime. It could be Pano, slightly torn ligament, slightly torn cartilage, etc. All of course which have their own technical terms, whatever, this works unless damage is permanent and needs surgery.

Excellent reply and information. I have youngsters I want to put on all mentioned so that should work for me too. Thanks for the information. I never heard of Swanson's brand before.

You crack me up. First you say: (and maybe you did not see that OP is already going to an ortho, or at least got a referral from her vet)

"If it continues, go see an orthopedic vet "instead of lay people without names, degrees and who are throwing their opinions out there including me".

Yet then you say (in your next post - unless someone else posted with your user name) that you will follow the advice of supplementing a pup from someone on this board (RN - without a name) who is "a lay people without names, degrees and who are throwing their opinions out there"

Hellooooooo..................... follow your own advice don't ya think.

People are on this board offering advice to the OP in the hopes it helps the OP in her research, and in the hopes that she will go the right route for her pup.....

Maybe I misread your posts, if so forgive me.................

It could also be pano, there are many things it could be including a strain. By asking everyone, you're going to get many answers.

If it continues, go see an orthopedic vet instead of lay people without names, degrees and who are throwing their opinions out there including me.

I hope it's growing pains too.

I had this happen! The neck was out of place. We x-rayed the elbows and the shoulder and finally the neck, almost six months this dog suffered.

The Vet recommended a chiropractor. We took the dog to a chiropractor and he did great after his adjustments. She tried to show me how to adjust him after a while and I threw him back out of place and couldn't adjust him. He is now well and older.

Just a thought that it could be something this simple.

Any chance you know a good equine vet who could do an MRI for you? Might be something there that the X-rays aren't picking up?

Good luck, hope you find some answers soon!