Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac

So does EVERYONE use Facebook now?

Seems so funny to not see any chatter about Potomac on any of the forums.

Re: Potomac

There are still a few of us that believe in privacy.

I understand that this is 2014, but will never understand people putting their business out for the world to see...... I'm sure Facebook users will argue what I'm saying............ Anyway, I'm glad we have this forum for valuable information. Its a great resource......

Yes, many breeders are on FB. And not everyone posts their personal business. There are groups for canine reproduction (very helpful!!), TVD, stud dogs, show brags, and I love seeing stacked puppy pictures.

Re: Better Places for Public Discussions

I can't imagine anyone wanting to start a topic for discussion on this forum anymore - you leave yourself open to anonymous attacks and things escalate from thre. You can set your privacy setting in FB to allow only friends, so you can make it a much more secure place than here. There are very few public bashing on FB and if there are, at least you know WHO is throwing the stones

I've seen it--there are only perfect dogs w/o problems and they seem to be always winning and beautiful homes and loving husbands.

Once bitten...
I can't imagine anyone wanting to start a topic for discussion on this forum anymore - you leave yourself open to anonymous attacks and things escalate from thre. You can set your privacy setting in FB to allow only friends, so you can make it a much more secure place than here. There are very few public bashing on FB and if there are, at least you know WHO is throwing the stones

Friends tell you what you want to hear! What if you have a problem or issue that you don't want your friends to know about? There's good reasons and advantages to posting anonymously but it does open the door for bad behavior. So what? Use your brain ignore those posts that bother you and lighten up, complaining about behavior that you don't like is bad behavior too.

I think both the Forum and Facebook are valuable.

True, the Forum can get nasty, so I just ignore those folks. But, I have learned some extremely valuable information on the Forum and would be lost without it.

True, Facebook folks all tell their "friends" what they think they want to hear, but I make my own mind up about that too. Besides, when I want a little dose of virtual friendship, I simply go to Facebook and look at all the happy postings and the funny videos to make me smile. So much better than being grumpy...