Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Vehicle for LABS

Hi I am researching a new vehicle..

2014 EXPEDITION
Sequoia 2014
2014 Suburban

Anybody out here have an opinion on own one of these vehicles..

.. I need to fit three creates..

Thank YOU

Re: New Vehicle for LABS

Ours is the Town and Country Touring addition. This car fits three large crates and a small crate. The seats fold down to make it like a cargo Van and a sheet of plywood fits inside. There is storage under the seats for traveling and I flip up the two back bench seats for non sliding grocery hauling. I have never had a better car, hardly any repairs and well worth the money. I have a six cylinder and it has lots of get up and go and we have also towed trailers and boats with it.
I just had a go through with a tune up and new shocks and ours is a 2006. 95,000 miles and the coolant had to be refilled, two sets of tires, three tune ups, one set of dual brakes, one set of plugs and spark plug cables, one battery plus just the regular service over the years.

LOVE my Expedition. I love that with a push of a button all of the rear seats will go down flat....completely flat, and this means the middle and the last row. I do not have to physically pull out any seats. Everything is electric now from opening and closing the rear hatch to the seats. I can fit four crates in and I do not have an EL..but would love one. It drives very nice as well.

The disadvantage of the SUVs is their height off the ground, esp if you have growing pups that you have to lift in and out. The advantage of course is that you have ground clearance if you live in the snow belt. I went to a Toyota Sienna minivan ~3 yrs ago, and so far, so good, but it also has AWD and handled the 12" of snow we got overnight ~6 wks ago. I can easily put 4 large crates in it w/o the back seats.

Telluride
Hi I am researching a new vehicle..

2014 EXPEDITION
Sequoia 2014
2014 Suburban

Anybody out here have an opinion on own one of these vehicles..

.. I need to fit three creates..

Thank YOU

I always have loved the Suburbans for their length, room and heaviness in any poor weather. Given the choice of those 3 I would go Suburban #1 Expedition #2 and Sequoia #3. The Sequoia used to be higher to climb into, not sure how the 2014 is. It depends on how tall you are and how long your leg are. Get running boards for any of those vehicles, you'll need them,

You need to bring a couple of crates to the dealerships and go for test drives to see what you're most comfortable with. Enjoy new car shopping and if I were you no matter which vehicle, I would go with the technology package. I have it in my 2014 vehicle of choice and wouldn't do without it. No more hanging Garmins falling off the windshield, everything is in the dash like a mini computer.

I personally would never buy a soccer mom van AWD or not for transporting dogs. It's just not my cup of coffee. Some would buy only that type of vehicle. Different strokes for different folks.

I have a 2005 Yukon XL Denali and love it !!! I can fit 4 crates....two in the rear and two in the back seat which folds down. I am not sure about the new models....but mine is great....would not trade it for any minivan !!

Yes, different strokes for sure. But never say never. I broke my back ~13 yrs ago, so now the little things I used to take for granted are big. I like that I don't have to help my dogs in and out. I also am an Ag consultant, so have to have something that can get into, thru and out of some sometimes muddy orchards. And hunt test sites. Havent had to be towed yet ;) So again, never say never! ;)