Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is it true ..about the Scale at Potomac ?

That the Potomac organizers will make it mandatory for each dog to be weighed before being allowed into the the show ring ?

What a wonderful idea and about time. As a Veterinarian I see way too many overweight Labs with all types of health issues.

Potomac has always been the leader in our Specialty Shows. Hope it is not just a rumor.

Re: Is it true ..about the Scale at Potomac ?

The only rumor is the one you're trying to stir up here, but since you asked, my boy was at the vet last week, 84 pounds. He runs and retrieves everyday and is in very fit condition.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Are we going to weigh the Handlers, too?

If we weight the handlers, then I declare myself absent! LOL

Laura Dedering
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Are we going to weigh the Handlers, too?

I would be DQ'd!

Vet
That the Potomac organizers will make it mandatory for each dog to be weighed before being allowed into the the show ring ?

What a wonderful idea and about time. As a Veterinarian I see way too many overweight Labs with all types of health issues.

Potomac has always been the leader in our Specialty Shows. Hope it is not just a rumor.

Ridiculous. As a vet, I bet you see all types of labs. Why pick on the larger ones? Why not talk about the puppy mill and backyard bred labs you see? Not sure why you are starting this rumor. Why not just bring your skinny lab to the show?

Vet

Okay, I'll post with my name on this one. How about you do the same. It's easy to use an anon name "vet", but how do we really know. Sounds like a troll to me. Yep, I agree with Laura Dedering: BAHAAAHAAA!!!

Maybe the OP has a sense of humor. Non of our dogs are overweight IMO

I would DQ for sure Laura! Ha!! Think how much better the dogs would move if we handlers were well conditioned.

The only time a scale is need is if there is a disqualification in the breed standard for weight. The Labrador standard does not have one so no scale.