Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Claims to be a puppy buyer for Easter

I got 2 emails from the same person mass mailed (undisclosed recipients) twice in early and later March. I replied 2 times that I had no puppies available, all were spoken for.

Initial mass email 2 times;

Subject: PUPPY

Good Morning,Interested in one of your male puppies. Kindly contact me with asking price and how old is puppy. Brxxx Raxxxxxxx

I received a 3rd email today after I had told him there was no availability;

Subject: QUESTION ABOUT PUPPY AND PARENT DOGS.

Sorry it took me few days to get back to you.I appreciate your response to my inquiry and do say a warm thank you for responding accordingly.I'm interested in buying 1 playful healthy male pet puppy for my family especially for my wife and in other to save us both from all shipping stress i will make an arrangement with my Family veterinarian to come over to your Home to pick puppy up because i do not choose to ship my puppy as i feel its too traumatic for puppies and i worry about the conditions in which puppies travel in unaccompanied on flight though you might feel they will be comfortable flying alone but to myself and my wife personally we don't feel secured or comfortable with the idea to let puppy of 8 weeks be left in a crate unaccompanied all by itself.this is why i would advise to assign my veterinarian Doctor to arrange for pick up from your home down to my home in California to my family.I'm presently away from home for 2 months professional training course here in Las Vegas, NV.And wont be able to come in person to make my pick but very certain you would make the best pick with a playful character for me and my family.My Wife and kids are in California excited over new puppy for Easter present.I'm excited myself and hope to hear from you soon with below answers;

Would appreciate if you could answer few questions about your litter and parent dogs.
Do they eat good when they are been fed?
Do they have good associate of kids?
Are they fully vaccinated?
Are they coming out perfect as expected at this stage and Have they had their distemper vaccines?
Also are the both parents of good associates with people around?

Thank you,

Brxxx Raxxxxxxxx

I feel this is leaning towards a scam. No vet is going to cross the country and pick up a puppy for their client. I told this person once again I had no available puppies, I do not ship and if I did have puppies I would not work with him based on his story about the vet and not paying attention to 2 emails where I said I had no puppies left available over a month time frame.

I'm giving other breeders a heads-up in case he contacted you in the mass emails or after. The story stinks of a scam.

Re: Claims to be a puppy buyer for Easter

That reeks of scam. It's very similar in writing style to those Craigslist scams that 'sell' puppies.

SCAM!!!!

it's a scam
That reeks of scam. It's very similar in writing style to those Craigslist scams that 'sell' puppies.
I haven't seen the Craigs List scams but will go looking. I suspected a scam by the un-believability that a vet would come 2,500 miles to pick up a puppy and other wording.

What they don't understand, before puppies leave they're ours and we make any & all decisions. Not Brxxx Raxxxxxxx or whatever his real name is. I detected an English barrier, deliberate or not. I called him on the probablility of a scam and told him not to ever email me again. It's a gmail account, brianrasmussen1960@gmail.com. That could be a hacked gmail account.

Is there any place or agency I can report him to?

I just wanted those of you with puppies to be aware of this probable scam. As he emailed a group of us twice as undisclosed recipients, I'm not the only breeder he contacted to try to steal money or a puppy from 3 times in the past month. I don't doubt this last email was a cut and paste to others besides me.

I'm not even sure how he got my email address or knew I had a litter. They're not on my website and never are the once a year or year & a half that I have a litter.

Thanks for confirming the Craigs List similar information. I'll find it to compare out of curiousity.

I hope my post helps others with litters not get caught up with something shady like this person or computer robot proposed.

I would not have even answered the initial emails. A mass email where the first question is price goes right in the trash bin, whether I have puppies or not. I think you are correct that it is a scam though.

Scam, got the same email just before Christmas.

Yes it is a scam, I received a similar email months ago. Please, don't tell this person WHY you won't sell them a puppy, this just helps them construct a better email the next time around even though this person or organization has a long way to go before learning how to write a gullible letter.

Received same email in December and I never responded to the first one!

This individual just sent me the same message for a dog for Christmas. Thanks for posting his address as this post came up when I searched his address on google.

He wrote:

orry it took me few days to get back to you.I appreciate your timely response to my inquiry and do say a warm thank you for the expeditious response accordingly.I'm interested in buying 1 playful healthy female pet puppy for my family as a Christmas gift especially for my girls. In other to save us both from all shipping stress i will make an arrangement with my Family veterinarian to come over to your Home to pick puppy up because i do not choose to ship my puppy as i feel its too traumatic for puppies and i worry about the conditions in which puppies travel in unaccompanied on flight though you might feel they will be comfortable flying alone but to myself and my wife personally we don't feel secured or comfortable with the idea to let our puppy be left in a crate unaccompanied all by itself. This is why i would advise to assign my veterinarian Doctor to arrange for pick up from your home down to my home in Simi Valley,California to my family and if you must know, he's a professional and also a college friend who happen to still be our family Vet Dr.I'm presently away from home for 2 months professional training course here in Manhattan, NY.And wont be able to come in person to make my pick but very certain you would make the best pick with a playful character for me and my family because we all enjoy the company of dogs around the house and as you may also know that little do we all want in a dog when it comes to having them as a pet; which is to be friendly and playful also enjoys eating a lot lols. My Wife and kids are in California all very excited over the agreement of bringing a new puppy home for Christmas.I'm excited myself and hope to hear from you soon with below answers to help us be on the same page; I know we can also discuss this in details over the phone but at this time would appreciate if you write something about puppy to help me make a good pick which are the characters am looking out for when it comes to choosing a great pet for the kids.

Would appreciate if you could answer few questions about your litter and parent dogs.

Do puppies eat good when they are been fed?
Do they have good associate of kids?
What vaccines have they been given at this age?
Are they coming out perfect as expected at this stage and Have they had their distemper vaccines?
Also are the both parents of good associates with people around very important?

These are all important to us but any other additional would also be appreciated,
Thank you,
Mr Rasmussen.

Ugh...some people are just gross.

brianrasmussen1960@gmail.com

Scam. This guy emailed me 1 1/2 years ago with the same offer. I wonder if he'll ever finish his professional training course. He should take a course in spelling and grammar.

I got the same exact letter, yesterday, except it was for Christmas.

I got a different one and told him I didn't have any puppies. He asked if I had a PayPal account which threw up red flags to me. He wanted the puppy for his fathers Birthday.

I wrote back and asked him when is his fathers Birthday.

He never replied and I copied letter to Paypal. They didn't do anything and told me to delete the letter. This was a little frightening with all of the internet scares about safety, so watch out for this scam.

Anytime I see "undisclosed recipients" in the To line in an email regarding puppies, it goes immediately in the trash.

I suspect if anyone DID make arrangements to send this guy a puppy, the scam would turn out to be one of those check scams where they want to send you the check in advance, for more than the puppy is worth, and get you to send them money and they never really want a puppy. Sad.