Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dead semen

I received (Actually my repro vet) dead semen from the stud dog I chose for my girl. Everything was set up to do a surgical implant but the semen came in all dead.

I love the dog and want to keep a friendly relationship with this person. She admitted that she didn't get the shipping right for this dog at the time. I was expecting to get a re-breeding and not have to pay the service fee again but she didn't offer it. I'm I right to ask her to forfeit the service fee?

Re: Dead semen

What does your agreement say?

We did a verbal agreement and this situation was not considered.

she didn't deliver the goods so she shouldn't charge a service fee

Are you sure she intends to charge you another service fee?

Mike

I had a similar experience except the sample was not extended or collected correctly and the count was way down. I contacted the stud dog owner with my vets concerns but the second sample was the same. I liked the dog too and wanted a repeat but felt the stud dog owner should have taken some responsibility for the bad collection maybe offer some kind of credit. She didn't and I wasn't sure that she was capable of getting a decent collection to me so I decided to look elsewhere rather than waste more time and money. It can be very hard giving up on a dog that you really like but there are a LOT of beautiful dogs available that can work just as well.

My service contract provided by the stud dog owner didn't cover what would happen if they failed to provide semen that was usable.