Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Health Clinic Information w/ Echo Dopplers Dr. Braz-Ruivo and OFA/CERF Clinic @ PGBV Nationals

Dr. Braz-Ruivo did Zazou's (ShadowGlen Going Places bred by and co owned by Margaret Wilson) echo at age 16 months in his twice yearly office clinic, I was so pleased with him I'll be going back to him for my other girl's echo's before breeding.

Here is the info. I Map Quested it, from me in Bergen County/Northern NJ it's a drop under three hours and a mere $160 per dog for a full Echo Doppler heart exam/a clearance if age 12 months or after (a proper echo includes auscultation.) They offer auscultation too as it's a different breed sponsoring it but Dr. Braz-Ruivo said personally when he did Zazou's echo doppler over 3 years ago, in his opinion doing only auscultation is a waste of time and money.

I posted it on Woodhaven which I admin/moderate with MSW and now here. Feel free to pass this information on. $160 for an Echo Doppler is very reasonable IMO. I paid $150 to the same cardiac vet over 3 1/2 years ago to the same doctor. A $10 raise is negligible. The LRCP charged $250 to $275 at Potomac this year for the exact same exam by the same Dr. So if this isn't a distant trip for you and you're in need of an echo/echo's it's well worth the ride IMO.

I received this via email today April 28, 2014 from Dr. Luis Braz-Ruivo's office, all information and contact info (not the Dr.'s office) below:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OPEN TO ALL BREEDS – ECHO CLINIC WITH DR. LUIS BRAZ-RUIVO ON MAY 9th IN CAMP HILL, PA AT THE PBGV NATIONALS

DETAILS AS FOLLOWS:

This year, the Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen Club of America (PBGVCA) is holding their National Specialty in Camp Hill PA (just across the Susquehanna from Harrisburg) the first full week of May. The National will be held at the Radisson Hotel, 1150 Camp Hill Bypass, Camp Hill, PA. As part of the proceedings, Health Clinics will be offered on May 9th. The OFA/CERF Clinic will feature eye exams by Dr. Andras Komaromy and the Cardiac Clinic (auscultation or echo-cardiogram) will be conducted by Dr. Luis Braz-Ruivo. The Clinics have just been opened to all breeds.

OFA/CERF Eye Exam - $35.00

(Make checks payable to Dr. Andras Komaromy)

Cardiac Auscultation - $40.00

Echo-Cardiogram - $160.00

(Make checks payable to Dr. Luis Braz-Ruivo)

To reserve a spot in either (or both) clinic(s), please contact:

Joann B Beavers

410-745-5796

elflane@goeaston.net

I hope some of you find this information helpful. If interested I would move quickly as Dr. Braz-Ruivo's clinics tend to fill up quickly due to his skill and very reasonable prices.

Best regards,

Michelle
Fardale Labradors

Re: New Health Clinic Information w/ Echo Dopplers Dr. Braz-Ruivo and OFA/CERF Clinic @ PGBV Nationa

How nice to see the PBGV club charge the actual rate that the Dr. charges and does this as a service to the breeders with no need to inflate the price to make a profit. Some could take a lesson from this gesture.

Re: New Health Clinic Information w/ Echo Dopplers Dr. Braz-Ruivo and OFA/CERF Clinic @ PGBV Nationa

How nice to see the PBGV club charge the actual rate that the Dr. charges and does this as a service to the breeders with no need to inflate the price to make a profit. Some could take a lesson from this gesture.