Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A question

working lab
To those Specialty winning breeders that thought the LRC letter was in poor taste, I have a question.

Can you take your BISS for a day long hunt in the field after winning a Specialty?

Troll alert.....

absolutely, I've seen many that are multi titled and go from the show ring to the field!!!

I have earned a point on my MH only a day or two after a training day in which he did triples and double blinds. Because MH tests take two days, I have never done both on the same weekend, but he has earned an RE and CD leg and a conformation point on the same day. That said, I was told by a handler to put 15 pounds on him if I wanted him to be competitive in the show ring. He is 65 pounds in working condition. I don't think he would ever have won a specialty!

working lab
To those Specialty winning breeders that thought the LRC letter was in poor taste, I have a question.

Can you take your BISS for a day long hunt in the field after winning a Specialty?

There are multiple CH/MH dogs out there who are BISS winners as well. I myself hunt over my "meat dogs"- also show champions and BISS winners- during various bird seasons though we are still new to hunt tests and training for things that a test demands which regular bird hunting does not.