Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Placing a roughneck

Frustrated
Dump him? Yes, you are being nasty. I am searching for a good placement for this pup. And no, his mother has no interest in correcting him. She just wants him to go away.

What about trying to place him in a home with experienced owners or owner without kids? Maybe a single guy that would take the time to train and work with him. My boy is a bit crazy too but I keep him busy with training, swimming, anything to burn off the energy. He is definitely a challenge but I am enjoying it!

How old is your holy terror. I may be interesting working with him if you'd like. I could foster him until you find him a forever home. I'm pretty busy running a lot, he would have to catch up. Tucker the ol boy out :) just an offer or suggestion

He sounds like a perfect candidate for field training - light training because of his age - light e-collar, nothing mean, just a light application as he learns to please you and not himself. I love a excited puppy or dog - jumping with excitement, not on you, but just with excitement. JMO

Please don't take a 4 month old puppy running. You will both regret the orthopedic problems that follow. Exercise is great but not forced exercise.