Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pregant or not

What's the latest date you've been able to feel puppies move in their dam's abdomen? I have a *itch who's due in 11 days and I'm beginning to wonder if she's pregnant. I didn't bother with an ultrasound this time b/c they aren't terribly accurate in terms of number of pups, plus I've never had a girl miss before. This might be my first time... She doesn't look very pregnant to me, BUT she has a lovely coat whereas all my other dogs are shedding like crazy, her vulva is flaccid, and she was bred according to progesterone results so her chances of were high. With 11 days to go though I don't feel any puppies moving. Just curious to know when others have felt pups move. My earliest was at 7 weeks but that was a huge litter.

Re: Pregant or not

I've always had problems feeling my pups move for some reason. Would definitely do an x ray a few days before her due date. Hope there are a few pups in there for you!

Thanks. I got a strong indicator that she's pregnant today. She went beneath our deck and started digging a hole -- something my dogs only do when they're about to whelp. Time to dig the whelping box out!

All mine dig or nest close to 63 days even if they aren't pregnant. When they are in whelp they nest closer to the due date. I think the fall in hormones trigger it. Good luck.