Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Litter coupon

Does anyone have a litter coupon they don't need? Called AKC and they said they only will give them out at random times and couldn't tell me when they would issue them next! Hunh? Thanks!

Re: Litter coupon

Hi Beth, When I called this past December, the person I spoke to at AKC told me that they were no longer giving out any litter coupons.

I just requested, and received, one by e-mail.

Hi Anna, I just called customer service @ AKC and was again told that the litter coupon program is no longer available. Not sure what's up with that?

Sharon Celentano/Shar-Jam
Hi Anna, I just called customer service @ AKC and was again told that the litter coupon program is no longer available. Not sure what's up with that?

You can "earn" a coupon by getting a 100% litter registration. In other words, they will send you a $5 off coupon if 100% of puppies in your litter get individually registered. It's five bucks. Not something that will break me if it doesn't happen. I don't know what the big deal is about coupons to begin with.

Hi, The litter coupon allows the litter owner to pay a flat rate of $20.00 to register the litter instead of paying the additional per puppy rate. The bigger the litter, the more money you save by using the litter coupon.

Oh that coupon. LOL The last coupon I was offered by AKC was a $5 off one if I registered 100% of my litter. $5 is no big whoop, but I can see if you had a large litter you might save $10-20. Still not a huge saving, but I guess sometimes every little bit helps. I haven't heard of that coupon. Thanks for clarifying

All I did was email AKC in May and they sent a whole sheet of them to me. Pretty helpful for my litter of 13! Too bad they always expire before I have my next litter. breederrelations@akc.org

Yup - that's the e-mail I sent it to. Always have gotten a response. I tell them it's for one litter and they just give me a code via e-mail. Think it was a savings of a little over $20 on this litter so definitely worth it.

It seems to be hit or miss. I was able to get them for my Field Spaniel litter 3 years ago and others said they were told the program ended.

I contacted AKC via email (the breeder relations email) in April to ask for one for litter of 6 and received a response that they were no longer offering the coupons.

Go figure!