Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interdigital cysts

Has anyone had experience with interdigital cysts?

Re: Interdigital cysts

One of my dogs had alot of trouble with them. One after the other constantly for about 8 months, sometimes in two different places at the same time - different toes, constant antibiotics, nothing seemed to work. It was awful.

When my traditional vet recommended surgery to remove the web on one foot, I went to a holistic vet. She did acupuncture every week at first, then less frequently as they improved. I also did the Nutriscan food sensitivity test with Dr. Dodds and discovered he was extremely sensitive to the main ingredients in his food, as well as to several other foods. I switched to a food that was not contraindicated by the Nutriscan test.

We figure his cysts are immune and food related. He has been cyst free for over a year. He gets acupuncture every four or five weeks (to boost his immune system) and titers instead of the other vaccinations. He gets hypoallergenic probiotics with his food, and one Chinese herb purchased from the vet.

If/when he needs additional vaccines, the plan is to give it (one at a time, with lepto always separate) when he gets acupuncture, and then do a follow up acupuncture a week later.

I can't believe the difference this holistic approach has made for my dog. I am so glad we finally gave it a try. And believe me when I tell you, I never ever thought I would be taking a dog for acupuncture and Chinese herbs!

Put interdigital cysts in the search box at the top of the page. There is lots of information.

Had them in a dog many years ago. The newest procedure, and most effective, was laser surgery developed by an Animal Dermatologist out here in my area. The hair follicles that are causing the development of the cysts need to be layered out. I have a very lengthy article on this study that I can copy and send to you if you like.

My handler recently recommended a Tetley green tea bag sprinkled on my dogs food daily. Since then, no cysts!!!

Sue Dunn
Has anyone had experience with interdigital cysts?

According to Jean Dodds, could possibly be thyroid related…might want to test…..I do my thyroid testing through her at Hemopet.