Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Crates, Central Metal

I have not ordered from them in a few years. The site is centralmetalprducts.net and not dot com. The 800nmber fid not work yesterday but I have not yet tried the regular one in Indiana.

Re: Crates

If you ever run across a brand of crate on the used market called T.E. Scott, or 5T - run (do not walk) with your wallet and buy it (or multis if you find them). They have been out of business for some years now. They and wire crates and were made of heavy chrome plated steel that is virtually indestructible. I still have and use the first crate I ever bought, in 1985. About four years ago, someone who was getting out of dogs was selling three of them and I bought all three. They are in the back of the dog vehicle and they don't get moved in and out. The reason I say run to buy them - there are enough people who've been around for awhile who know what these are, that they won't be on the market more than a couple of days - if that.

have two 5Ts for sale currently. They're BIG - either 48 or 52 inches long and yes, chrome plated steel. Spring latch doors (one is bent but secure) and pans (again, one bent a bit but serviceable and intact). Were formerly used for Bloodhounds and spent years in my grooming shop. Not pretty, but very much secure (and heavy!). Fold down to be about 12" tall - suitcase style. Accommodated large dogs such as St. Bernards and Pyrs quite nicely. Also good for a 'day crate' for multiple small dogs. Asking $75 for both.

Hi where r u located

Hi where r u located

Re: Crates, Central Metal

I have not ordered from them in a few years. The site is centralmetalprducts.net and not dot com. The 800 number did not work yesterday but I have not yet tried the regular one in Indiana.

Hi I have newfs -can you tell me how wide your crates are?