Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paw Prints Genetics

I was searching around , getting ready to test some dogs on different stuff, and I see that Paw Prints is offering PRA-PRCD, PRCD, and EIC.

I thought Optigen had a lock on the PRCD. The pricing on Paw Prints is significantly less.

My question is, are they reliable?

TIA

-Jill

Re: Paw Prints Genetics

I have used them, they are quick & send prepaid envelopes. My girls came back clear - so I hope they are reliable!

Erin and i have used Paw Prints several times. Less expensive and easy to use

Diane

thanks guys... I'm tired of paying the big bucks to Optigen already.

-Jill

PawPrint is very reliable. Optigen does not hold a patent on the gene for PRA - only on their extraction method. PawPrint uses a different extraction method so they are not violating any regulations. You will really enjoy working with them and they often run specials too!

I have been using them since January 2014. They are reliable and you get your results quickly. They send all you need for your dog's test and mailing envelopes to return the DNA swabs once you collect them.

I have used this with puppies. I ordered the tests when PPG was having a sale, so I had them on hand when the puppies were 6 weeks old and had been chipped. I got the PRA results back in two weeks and that helped me decide who to keep and who to place. I tested 3 puppies and with a 20% discount, at $80 per test, it only cost $192.