Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Col. Jerry H. Weiss USMC (Ret.)

Col. Jerry H. Weiss USMC (Ret.)(Lobuff))is judging for the last time on Sunday, November 22nd, at the Upper Marlboro KC, Inc. all-breed show, Howard County Fairgrounds, West Friendship, MD 21794...and he will be doing Labradors that last day along with many other breeds. This show closes at 12:00 Noon, Wednesday, November 4th.

Please make every effort to show your Labradors to Col. Weiss for this one last time before he retires...and ask your friends to do the same. I believe that Col. Weiss is in his late eighties, and the AKC website states he has been judging several breeds, including Labradors, since "Before 1980"...probably longer than anyone else today.

We will hopefully be allowed to have a small ceremony in the ring after he has finished judging Labradors to honor his service to our country and to pure-bred dogs, in general, and Labradors, in particular.

Thank you,

Price Jessup

Re: Col. Jerry H. Weiss USMC (Ret.)

Oh, I wish I could be there. Everyone have a good time and give Jerry a huge from me.

Jan

I wish I could be there. Col. Weiss was the very first judge I showed to when starting in conformation in 1980. I've shown to him a few times since and he has always been a gentleman.

Always