Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Uterine Cysts

I have a 6 year old girl who's had two previous litters. I bred her a year ago and had a miss. I thought the timing was dead on for that one.

Yesterday, I had her in for a surgical implant with chilled semen. I haven't talked to the repo vet yet but the tech mentioned that the vet had notes in the file indicating my girl had cysts in her uterus. The vet had indicated that she'd "popped" as many as she could.

I have a call into the vet to get an idea of the magnitude of the problem but I'm sure someone out there has had a similar experiance, any feedback on the probabilty of a successful whelp?

What her prospects are for any future breeding potential or is this a spay and move on situation?

The semen was in great shape, 90% motility and our timing should have been good again.

Re: Uterine Cysts

I haven't had it happen but know of another breeder whose girl had cysts that the vet popped. She did wind up having a full litter. Best of luck with your girl!

Thanks, that's encouraging.

Do the ring test see what she's got.

Did she have puppies ?

She did, a litter of 4, 2 boys and 2 girls.

The pedigree has 5 CHMH's, a CHSH and an SH all in the last three generations so we're thrilled to have had a successful whelp and very excited about their prospects.

Thanks for asking.