Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Baycox (toltrazuril) for coccidia in pups??

I have too ordered Baycox. However, my purchase was from a Canadian origin and in my opinion was relatively inexpensive compared to other meds. I ordered and received on 1 weeks time Baycox 5% oral solution 200mL for $49.95 plus shipping/handling which varies depending on where it is shipped to. For me S&H was $8.95 so total cost was $58.90. Racehorse meds was their site. I googled Baycox 5% oral solution and this site was in the top 5 results.i don't know how much u are paying to the site u found but maybe this will help save u some money.

Is Baycox also Baytril or just 2 similar sounding drug names? TIA for a reply.

??

NOT the same drug.

NO
??

NOT the same drug.

I was just askin'........ poster''NO''. The caps lock key was'nt needed for ''NO & NOT'' but ty for your reply.

The generic is called toltrazuril

What about for pregnant bitches? Anyone using it safely or should we just wait until after whelping?

Hi to all. This is my first post and this topic is very interesting to read and share. I own a pet shop and i breed my own small breed puppies like Teddy bear, Shihtzu, Miniature Pomeranian etc....sorry i'm not posting to advertise my shop but i found this topic important to share with.
Before i started breeding my own dogs, i used to buy puppies from this and that and yes i experienced puppies with Coccidiosis. Of course, Albon is the best med found in the USA to treat this parasite but i found it to work faster and will give a better result when mixed with Amoxicillin and both must be provided for 10 days treatment. I also use Safe Guard liquid (Fenbendazole) to prevent/treat Giardia at the same time i use the mentioned 2 meds.
Regarding Toltrazunil, these days some USA vets started to experimenting it on some breeder dogs that i know and they found it to work perfectly.
I use it in all my pets especially, rabbits and all bids and found it to work as a prevention and cure as well. Since am able to get Albon, Amoxicillin and Fenbendazole as a prevention i had no need to use Toltrazunil on my puppies yet (Thanks God) because Since i started breeding my own dogs i haven't had one puppy infected with cocci (Thanks God) because i keep their kennels and water/food dish sanitized/bleached frequently (NO Offend to any one), but who knows things happened hopefully not.

Contrary to the belief that bleach kills everything.... coccidia is not killed by bleach or Lysol for that matter. The only cleaner/disinfectant that KILLS coccidia is ammonia mixed at a minimum of 10 % solution. A little stronger is better. I mix it at 1 to 4 ratio... One part ammonia 4 parts water. Be very careful not to mix ammonia with products containing bleach as the results can be deadly to u as well as the pups. Wait several hours after cleaning with one before u clean with the other. How I ensure my carriers, litter boxes, etc. Are well cleaned and rid of coccidia along with any other "funk" I clean items when they are done being used with bleach in the morning and ammonia at night. Rotating items so they aren't used for atleast 4 hours after being cleaned.