Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Jake Krause

I also bought a puppy 2years ago from this breeder at Pet land. It was the best investment for me in this time in my life. She still acts like a puppy, but she is the best chocolate labrador I ever owned. Thank you Jake Kruse

Re: Iowa puppy mill

You can get your dog back. I did when faced with a similar situation. It might take a bit of work but it's possible. Try.

Re: Iowa puppy mill

My husband suprised me with our boy Achilles about 2 years ago now, he is half American Bulldog and half English Bulldog. I was thrilled until he told me he bought him at Petland in Columbus, GA. I am definitely savy enough to know better. Well within 1 week of bringing him home, he almost died of Pneumonia, went from being happy to nearly dead overnight. We rushed him to the emergency vet, after hearing he came from Petland the vet ordered every test she could think of on him. X-Rays showed his lungs full of fluid. Bloodwork showed his white blood cell count was through the roof, his immune system as a whole was weak, and his liver and kidney function was down. The full toxicology screen showed he had been pumped full of so many meds to make him appear healthy, the vet was shocked his kidneys hadn't failed or that he didn't overdose. Needless to say after thousands in vet bills and him traveling between a nebulizer and oxygen tank he recovered. I strongarmed Petland into reimbursing me for most of the vet bills thank you god. I've been periodically looking up this asshole Steve Kruse since then. How in gods name is he still in business, with all the complaints, evidence of torture, and violations he has been cited for? Also i have found the whole family is in the business of torturing and selling animals and all of them have stacks of evidence against them. My baby also has Demodectic Mange, has had issues with separation anxiety, and has had issues with loud noises since we brought him home. He is an awesome dog, I just wish I could get all of those poor babies away from that horrible family.