Welcome to our forum. This message board is for prospective, current, and returned USC study abroad students to share ideas and information that contribute to a better study abroad experience. We rely on a small but dedicated crew of current and returned study abroad students to address questions posed here. Questions may take a while to be answered, and in some cases there may be nobody available to answer your questions. For some types of questions, you may be asked to call or visit Overseas Studies for an answer. This space is not intended to be an open public forum. Please do not post here if you are not a USC student. Overseas Studies reserves the right to block or remove postings at any time.

Housing
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sublet my Studio ASAP. Lease until July. $800/month. USC close. Hardwood floors!

Nice studio, suitable for one or two people but I've been living here alone. Hardwood floors, pedestal sink, 2 closets, one walk-in closet and one with a bar for clothes and mirror doors (which can easily be removed). Quiet building from 1920's which means solid walls and a low gas bill ($5-$6/month!). No trouble with noise, people walking on roof, etc. I'm close to lots of great stuff like the Grove, supermarkets, restaurants, a gym (I think it's a 24-hr fitness or a Bally's on Wilshire) and there's a school next door if you have elementary-aged children, etc. Rent is $800/month with a building fee of $2.96. Management is very hands on and available (on site). Water and trash are included. Ceiling fan and heater in the main room. 2 access points to the kitchen, one with a door that separates main room and kitchen. Full size stove and refrigerator. Lots of cabinet space. I'm a USC student and have had no trouble commuting. It's about a 30-minute bus trip or 15 min drive. It's also a great place if you work downtown.
I need to move out because my mother's health is ailing and she lives alone. She's been diagnosed with seizures and I'd like to be with her. I've had no problems with the apartment itself. This is a sublet so my contract is up in July. After that, you can negotiate your own terms.

contact me for photos