Welcome to our forum. This message board is for prospective, current, and returned USC study abroad students to share ideas and information that contribute to a better study abroad experience. We rely on a small but dedicated crew of current and returned study abroad students to address questions posed here. Questions may take a while to be answered, and in some cases there may be nobody available to answer your questions. For some types of questions, you may be asked to call or visit Overseas Studies for an answer. This space is not intended to be an open public forum. Please do not post here if you are not a USC student. Overseas Studies reserves the right to block or remove postings at any time.

Housing
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I Will Sublet Your Place for Spring 2011

Hello friends. I'm currently abroad having a smashing time, but now that the leaves are changing and the temperature is rapidly approaching 0 centigrade, I need to find a place to stay for the Spring semester. If you are looking for a subletter, I am looking to sublet. My email is mantas@usc.edu, and I look forward to hearing from you.

-- Harrison

Re: I Will Sublet Your Place for Spring 2011

So my roommate and I are sad to have to move out of a great room in Woodcraft Manor, but we want to find a great subleaser(s) to take care of it for us!

It is a private room on the second floor of a beautifully restored Craftsman style house. The room is very large (17'4"X14'x8") with a great walk-in closet, lots of windows, and a great view of down town! There is plenty of space to share the room and still be incredibly comfortable.

The house itself comes complete with a beautiful wrap-around front porch, a large and very well-kept front and side yard, free gated parking (one or two spots based on your need!), two stairwells, five bathrooms, and a large kitchen with four fridges and a ton of storage space!! There is also a weekly gardener and cleaning service, FREE! Utilities and internet are cheap and cable is optional!

Rent is only $950, an incredible value for all the amenities (especially the free parking/cleaning)! The house is conveniently located at 2111 Park Grove Ave, Los Angeles, CA, only about a 5 minute bike ride to the Row, and a 10 minute bike ride to campus. It's about equally situated from the two main streets around campus, Figueroa and Hoover, and is also an easy hop onto the 110 Freeway!

This room is great for graduate students and upperclassmen who need quick, easy (and cheap!) access to their cars for work and who like a quiet, respectful atmosphere (with great housemates!) in which to live and work! Even better, this lease extends from Dec-August 15th, so it is perfect for anyone staying through the summer!!

Let me know if you want me to send pictures and or further description, and I hope to hear from you soon!