Welcome to our forum. This message board is for prospective, current, and returned USC study abroad students to share ideas and information that contribute to a better study abroad experience. We rely on a small but dedicated crew of current and returned study abroad students to address questions posed here. Questions may take a while to be answered, and in some cases there may be nobody available to answer your questions. For some types of questions, you may be asked to call or visit Overseas Studies for an answer. This space is not intended to be an open public forum. Please do not post here if you are not a USC student. Overseas Studies reserves the right to block or remove postings at any time.

Housing
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Subletting opportunities!!

So I'm thinking of building a website for students who need to sublet a room for a semester. The website would work kind of like facebook where everyone looking for a room would have a profile and would post about themselves e.g. what they're looking for in an apartment as far as price/roommates/living preferences. People who need to fill a room would make a different type of listing saying what they have available and what their accommodations/living preferences are. Making a profile to view listings on the website would be free but posting an available room would cost money. The website would ONLY be available for USC students, the idea being that it is a lot more safe and personable than using craigslist or another site like that.

Please give me feedback and let me know 1. if you would use this service, and 2. if and how much would you pay to use it if you needed to fill a room.

I'm only going to go through with this if I get positive feedback from people like you who would be most likely to use it. Please tell me what you think! Negative feedback is appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Paul