Welcome to our forum. This message board is for prospective, current, and returned USC study abroad students to share ideas and information that contribute to a better study abroad experience. We rely on a small but dedicated crew of current and returned study abroad students to address questions posed here. Questions may take a while to be answered, and in some cases there may be nobody available to answer your questions. For some types of questions, you may be asked to call or visit Overseas Studies for an answer. This space is not intended to be an open public forum. Please do not post here if you are not a USC student. Overseas Studies reserves the right to block or remove postings at any time.

Housing
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Housing Needed - Spring 2012

Hello,

My name is Ashley and I'm a junior currently studying abroad in London. I'm looking for housing for next semester, January to May. I have two friends also studying abroad this semester, and we want to hopefully be able to live together, so if anyone has multiple spots available please let me know! Also, if someone is living in a single bedroom, but it's big enough for two, I don't think any of us would mind sharing. A furnished apartment is preferred, and nothing ridiculous price-wise. Willing to negotiate, of course, though. So if anyone has anything available, please email me.

Thanks!
Ashley :)

Re: Housing Needed - Spring 2012

Hi Ashley,

Hope you are enjoying London. My roommate and I are actually both studying abroad in London next semester and are looking for subleasers during the time frame you mentioned. We live at Shawn's Manor which is on 30th and Shrine. We have 2 rooms and 1 bathroom and pay $900/m + utilities. My room is really big and can definitely fit 2 people (however only 1 bed is in it right now so you guys would just need to bring 1 more bed.) There is also space for parking and USC yellow jacket security patrols this block. Please let me know if you guys are interested or have any more questions!

-Jelani

Hi Jelani!

That actually sounds really great. About how much per month are your utilities usually? And is the parking included in the rent or how much is it per month? Would you mind emailing me a couple of pictures if possible? I tried looking at the website but there weren't really any pics. And would it be pretty much completely furnished - or what would be there?

Thanks for the help!
Ashley

*And London is awesome! You're going to love it! :)

Hi Ashley!

I live in the new mansion- its brand new, just built this year. It is a 2 bedroom apt and four of us are living here now. 2 of us are going abroad, so there will be one bedroom fully furnished with 2 beds dressers nigh stands etc. The rend is 812.50 a month including utilities. Let me know if you are still looking for a place! Im going abroad to Paris so trying to find people soon!! Hope you're having a great time.

Thank you,
hannah

I live in a 2-bedroom apartment with two other guys. Two of us are moving out, and the other is staying. I have my own bedroom and pay $750/mo, and each of my roommates pays $560/mo. You can reasonably fit two people into my room, and the apartment is furnished (you'd each pay a little extra for the furniture, around $150 total for the semester) We're moving out in december, and the lease ends in July

Hey!

I know you're looking for housing so I'm not sure if you need furniture. But I'm graduating in December 2011 and need to sell my furniture. I have:

1. A SUPER comfy Double bed bought for $1000, wanna sell for $250 (you can turn around and sell it for however much you want when you graduate, maybe even make a profit)

2. A large ikea desk with shelves, drawers, bookcase, bought for $150, wanna sell for $50

3. A matching ikea nightstand, bought for $50, wanna sell for $15

4. Nice pink beach cruiser, bought for $150, wanna sell for $50.

5. Nice kitchenware like dishes, pots/pans, etc. Willing to sell for very low, we can talk about prices for individual items.

All my stuff is really nice and only used for 1.5 years. If you want pictures, just email me at jennyho1989@gmail.com and I'll send you some!

Hi Ashley!

My roommate and I are both looking to sublease in Gateway for spring semester and possibly summer (if you want it). It's $910 per person (which is an amazingly low price for Gateway!). Let me know if you want more info :)

Terri

Hi Ashley!

My roommates and I are going abroad in the Spring and need someone to take over our lease. We currently live at W. 27th place, which is right by the row across the street. Its brand new, only $840 a month, comes FULLY FURNISHED, with a flat screen, washer/dryer in unit, two bedrooms (fit for 4 people), and a big kitchen area. The apartment complex also has a pool, hot tub, and gym!! Its a great place to live and only 10 minutes from campus. If you and your friends are interested, please let me know!! I have pictures that I can send you. A lot of people are interested so please let me know asap. This opportunity is great because instead of having to sub-lease, we can break the lease and the apartment is officially yours!

Alex

Hey Ashley,

Me and one other roommate are moving out from my apartment in Olympic village. The rooms are very large so you could definitely fit two people in one room, and we would love to leave our furniture for you to use. It is a 4 bedroom, 1 bath apartment, all the furnishings will be there. $850 a month plus utilities.

Email me if you are interested!

Avalon Apt. on Adams/Ellendale- Shared room $650

Hi, I'm studying abroad in the spring and I need someone to sublet my room. I live in a 3 bedroom apartment. All of the rooms are shared so there are 5 other girls living there. Despite this it is never crowded, everyone is either gone most of the time or in thier rooms. Each room has their own bathroom right across from the room, so you would be sharing a bathroom with one other person. I share a room with a roommate, she is really nice and easy going. The $650 rent includes all utilities and gas, as well as a parking spot. If you dont need the parking spot, I can deduct that from the rent and try to sell the spot to someone else. I have a bed that I can leave in the room or take depending on your preference. It is a really chill place to live if you are looking for a temporary spot. Its on the corner of Ellendale and there are usually things going on on the weekend that you can walk to, but at the same time its far away enough to no be disturbed by the parties if thats not your scene. USC students only please! please email me or call/text - 310- 908-7751 if you're interested! Thanks