Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ANY GOOD RECIPES?

Here are a couple easy ones. They aren't necessarily for holidays. We eat them all year round.

Some people don't like cranberries, some people don't like carrots, but most people like:

CARROTS WITH CRANBERRIES

1 pound carrots, peeled, sliced and cooked until tender. Drain, add 1/2 c. whole berry cranberry sauce, heat and serve. The original recipe also calls for a tablespoon of butter, plus salt and pepper to taste added along with the cranberry sauce, but we go low-sodium, non-fat and I think it's just as good or better. By the way, this is best using home-made cranberry sauce, which is also very easy to do.

CRANBERRY SAUCE
Sort and rinse 1 bag (12 to 16 oz) of raw cranberries Heat together until boiling:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar

Add cranberries, return to boil, then put on simmer until all the berries have popped and the sauce looks like liquid garnet--15 minutes or so. I love making cranberry sauce as much for the eye feast as the stomach feast. It's such a beautiful color!
Pour into serving dish or glass jar, let cool and refrigerate until ready to use. It'll last in the fridge for weeks and weeks, if people don't eat it up much sooner. It will thicken some when it's cold, but it won't be as thick as the canned. You can make it thicker by using a bit less water, but I like it more liquid--a true sauce, not a jelly.

Donna
http://donnaparker.w4aw.org

These are really good recipes. And WW why don't you give us the recipe for the chowder recipe of your husband's. Sounds good!

If I had any idea what he put in it, I would. If he's willing to cook, I don't even GO in the kitchen! I'll see if I can find out and let you know. But I know it's not exactly the same everytime.