Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thanksgiving Where & How

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Just wanted to say that we are all ok. I will be at my mohter in laws. We actualy took a road trip last weekend to Salt Lake City Utah. About 10 hours.
It was a family trip for my son to run in regional cross country meet for junior olympics. First family trip in years.
Lynne

Re: Re: Thanksgiving Where & How

Thanksgiving is going to be laid back for us this year. I sorta fixed the traditional dinner last Saturday. Tomorrow is going to be a Hillbilly Thanksgiving as you know I am from Ky. Marinated pork shoulder picnic ham,mustard greensw/bacon grease cole slaw, mashed potatoes,grn beans,corn on the cob,yum O. Putting all fun aside, I wish you all the joy, Love your family with everything you have, yes even your husband and mother-in-law (HAHA), May HE keep safe in your travels to your destination and to your homes of abode.

IN CHRISTIAN LOVE,

BLESSEDNANNYOF2

Hey Nanny, I'm from Kentucky too! I love to get back there from time to time. It's so beautiful especially this time of year. I'm related to the Hatfields. I can't prove it but I'm sure my mother-in-law has McCoy blood runnng through her veins.

On a serious note, whatever you do this Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season remember to feel the joy of it all. There's another thread talking about how depressed everyone gets. This season does remind us a lot of those people we lost or those who are still around but the relationship is rocky and difficult. Please just hang in there, the holiday blues do pass. Don't forget to enjoy the joys God gives us big and small, and don't forget the sisters here that will uplift your spirits and your needs in prayer. May He grant us all a measure of peace and comfort.

Blessed Nanny, I'll be at your house today! Wow! Your menu sounds a lot better to me than a "traditional Thanksgiving" meal.

To all: be blessed. Enjoy your family. Find the joys. Life is too short to be miserable. (I tell myself that everyday. Some days I believe me, some days I don't.)