Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ky Girl Leah

BLESSEDNANNYOF2, My grandmother is from eastern Ky and she's the one thats related to the Hatfields. I was born and raised in Valley Station - just west of Louisville.

I miss it. The rocky hills and hardwood trees are so hauntingly beautiful. I played at Otter Creek Park near Fort Knox all the time and went exploring in the caves there. I miss the way everything looked in the fall. The hills would be on fire from the color of the leaves. I miss snow and the smell of snow. Of course I left before I had to drive on any ice so I can afford to be nostalgic.

I just saw my dad and brother off last night. They are returning to Kentucky after visiting me over the holiday.

I had an uncle in Ky who just passed away after a long illness. He is having his ashes scattered along the finish line at Church Hill Downs. Ha! I think that is so funny and just like him. I'll have to watch the derby every year, sort of like visiting the gravesite.

~Leah

Oh by the way, are you still in Kentucky? I seem to recall you're not anymore. Where are you living now? What do you miss? Personally I'd give my left arm for some White Castle hamburgers.

Re: Re: Ky Girl Leah

Leah, I'm still in Kentucky. I was raised in Pike county and and now reside in Johnson County,Ky. I have lived here all my life. Where did your grandmother live and what was her name? Leah, you never know we might be kin. My husband and I have lived here 26yrs. I met him when I was in school here.

BLESSEDNANNYOF2

Well her name was Maudia Calvert but I don't know her maiden name and I don't know exactly where she was from. I'll have to email my aunt to find out. SHe's the one who told me the family history. My dad isn't good with details like that.