Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Are Our Prayers Answered?

Mary, I don't understand the differences between "The Spirit" that confers with "The Divine Spirit" part. Isn't there only one holy spirit? (Eph 4:4There is one body, and one Spirit). And I guess I'll confess even more slowness on my part.....I'm not sure I'm clear on who the morally blameless and what the "covered manner" of God is either. Does this just mean Christians who're blameless as we're in Christ now and covered manner as in covered in His blood? It could just be phrased a little differently than I'm used to so I was slow to get it.

When I say the "Spirit" I am talking about the Holy Spirit. The Holy spirit takes it to the Divine Spirit which is the God-Head -- the Spirit of God Himself. And yes, the morally blameless is the baptized Christian that is "covered" by Christ's blood in the manner in which is in accordance with His will. I am not a "scholar" as it has been put, but I do a lot of study and compare our translations with the Strong's exhaustive concordance with the Greek words. It is just a way I have of pulling out what I personally need for a better understanding. I appologize, because I really know no more that the rest of you and shouldn't burden you all with something that confuses or upsets you. Please forgive me.

I'm going to jump in here and say that a lot of times there is a tendency to seperate "God's laws" from "nature's laws" or natural consequences of our actions. But the law of physics, the law of natural consequences and the spiritual law come from the same source.

If a nonchristian follows the laws of physics and the laws of natural consequences his/her life will be blessed by the obedience to those laws... however if they do not obey the spiritual laws of God, they will suffer those consequences.

However the reverse is also true... if a christian follows spiritual laws then they will be blessed accordingly... i.e. recieve eternal life. But if he/she choose to ignore the laws of physics or the laws of natural consequences they will suffer those consequences.

We are called to live wisely... godliness is not separate from the nitty gritty of life.

I'm going to run my mouth a little more here... but as for whether or not or prayers are answered... the answer is yes.

But! While sometimes the thing we are asking for isn't good for us... or we aren't ready yet... so we don't get it yet. Sometimes I think we recieve the no because we aren't willing to do our part...

Sometimes I ask God for something that if I want I need to put some real time, thought or effort into in order to recieve and actually live with that blessing. And I don't really want to work for it, I'm asking God to plop it in my lap.

My Mama would say "too many people confuse God with Santa Claus".

What I want may not be either good or bad for me, but perhaps my thought process and my attitude is!

Anyhow... just a thought.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies ! I would have responded sooner but they put in a new trailer up the road from me and when they dug the water line the cut up the phone line. I thought my poor 16 yr old daughter was going to have a stroke because of not having a phone or the internet..lol