Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ice age in Oklahoma

Thanks so much Mary. It is so good to hear your voice too! The TV report this morning was that under 100,000 are still out of power. It is supposed to start snowing in our area around noon today and the temperature will drop to 19 tonight. Please pray for all those who are still without power and they will find the shelter and warmth they need. Please remember the power and street crews who are out there 24-7 diligently working in the weather. When I talked to the power company yesterday on the phone they said all the Tulsa area power will be back on by Tuesday.

It was wonderful to wake up this morning and enjoy lights in the house and a hot cup of coffee in my easy chair and watch the morning news on TV. I am also doing my laundry and have a refrigerator to clean out this morning. When these luxuries are taken away from us it makes us more aware of our God and appreciate what He has provided for us. Luke 12:25-34 comes to my mind this week. Jesus uses nature's lesson to remind us not to worry that God takes care of us if we seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.

I'm also anxious to attend worship and fellowship with my Christian brothers and sisters in the morning. Needless to say, we didn't have worship services last Sunday. We had better attendance than I thought on Wednesday night. We all met in the auditorium for singing and devotional. It was wonderful to be together to pray and praise God in songs.

Have a wonderful week-end and stay warm everyone!

Hugs,
Kathy

Re: Ice age in Oklahoma

Kathy, I'm so glad your power is back on!! Our son, Donald, in Del City, has been in the dark since last Monday and still doesn't have power. Haven't heard from him today. We're praying his water pipes didn't freeze during the weekend to add to the complications. I know there are still many others who haven't yet been reconnected and are facing many challenges. Please continue to pray for them--for patience and endurance, both for residents and those doing the repairs.

Donna
http://donnaparker.w4aw.org