Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pray for us, and have any of you read, " Created to Be his Help Meet by Debi PearL?

Well, my grandfather is only giving us 100. So, it won't go far. My husband didn't come home last night, and so I'm not in much of the mood to celebrate, but I'm invited to someone from church's so I am going.
Anyway, I was wondering if you read the book. And was wondering about what she has to say. In a sense, the way I take it kind of harsh, it's my fault that he doesn't come home. Because I am not a good help meet in a sense.
That's why I was wondering if you've read it.
lal

Re: Pray for us, and have any of you read, " Created to Be his Help Meet by Debi PearL?

My dear sister,
i will pray for both of you i've never been married but i would hope gods word would help
along with support and prayers from family and friends don't be so hard on your self. God will help you be a good help meet in time.

your in christ steff,

Re: Pray for us, and have any of you read, " Created to Be his Help Meet by Debi PearL?

A book deals with one human being's opinion of how things are or should be. The Bible tells us what God wants. Which one do you think is right? I very often get very upset by the "women's books"; many of them blame us for everything, while holding the husband up as blameless (or nearly so). Not ALL of the books, but so many. True, we are to make a home they want to come home to, but it's THEIR decision whether or not to come. And if they choose to remain away (over and over and over), then the problem is theirs. You don't break up a marriage and "punish the wife" over a house that isn't clean. You don't withold money from your children because "the wife" isn't what you think she should be.

Sorry, but I guess I'm on a rant. I just hate to see you mistreated and I don't want you blaming yourself for everything.

Re: Re: Pray for us, and have any of you read, " Created to Be his Help Meet by Debi PearL?

My Dear Sister,

I WILL be praying for you.Wordwoman makes the best point I could think of. God did not make us to be someones doormat, to be trampled afoot by anyone, especially not your husband! He is supposed to take care of you and his family NO MATTER WHAT!! It's not your fault,please believe me. You stay with the Lord he'll guard and protect you.Remember: When your down to nothing, God is up to something.

Love Ya Sister,
blessednannyof2

Haven't read the book, but I've seen books which quote Ephesians 5:22 without quoting Ephesians 5:21 where Christians are taught to "be subject to one another". That seems to include husbands and wives both.

Yes, husbands are supposed to be the head of the house, but they are also instructed to love their wives as their own bodies (v. 28) and "as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her" (v.28). I may be wrong, but I see this as meaning that if it comes to a choice between doing what's best for himself or doing what's best for his wife (and family, as is taught in other scriptures), he's to choose, as Christ did, to do what's best for his beloved. The scripture does NOT say he's to do it "IF she keeps a clean house" or "IF she obeys his every command". It just says do it. So, I echo the others: Whatever he does or doesn't do, it is NOT your fault. If he says it is, he is just trying to avoid accepting responsibility for his own actions.

Praying for you both.
Donna
http://donnaparker.w4aw.org

You can't change him, you can only change yourself. Do the things that bring you closer to God and strive to make yourself someone that YOU respect and admire. You will find peace from that regardless of whether your husband comes around or not. Be kind and gentle with him but do not let him destroy your self-worth.

~Leah