Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Divorce Remarriage Questions

So lost,
My first husband left me on his grounds of adultery. I married my second husband (I married in the Lord) wouldn't take the lead and get a job and support us and I was advised by the elders to move back to my hometown and find work. They said I would be better off (which I am). It was agreed by my husband that I move back but he already had in mind to dump me if I moved back and he told me he wasn't coming with me and it was over if I moved. He said he was moving when he found a job and not to contact him or look for him and to leave him alone. He left me no choice but to move. This move was made almost two years ago and he has not contacted me once since I moved. He has not taken any legal steps to divorce me. I have gone to see him once before he moved over a year ago and I continue to write him snail mail, email him and send hello cards, birthday cards and gift and Christmas card and gift. He moved and didn't leave a phone number or address but I do know he lives 1000 miles or more from me. I do love him very much and I am once again in another predicament that I don't know what to do biblical wise. My husband was a minister and he knows what the Bible teaches on this. So sorry, I can't give you any advice but know that I am supportive as I know what it is like to go through the trials of divorce. As for me, I am still married in the eyes of God and our government to my second husband. I have no choice but to remain separated or reconcile as the scriptures mention in I Cor. I would like to reconcile but how can I if he won't return my mail or call me?

I'll also be happy to talk to you through email. Just let me know and I'll send you one as I'd rather not leave me email addy on the board right now.

In the meantime, I haven't posted this about myself but several ladies on the board know of this so please I ask you all to keep me in your prayers. It is very hard being separated from your spouse that you still love very much.

Love,
Kathy