Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question

No. We are very different. The church of Christ that God added us to when we were baptized for remission of our sins (Acts 2:38, 47) is clearly defined in the New Testament. If a church doesn't follow the plan and pattern presented in God's inspired word, it is not His church.

The United Church of Christ is a merging of two or three denominations, the Congregational Church and the Evangelical and Reformed Churches. They pride themselves on being "inclusive", which pretty much means whatever you want to believe is ok, whether it's in the Bible or not.

That's a very simplistic answer. Other people might have more information. You can find more information about them by doing a search on the name.

Hope this helps!

You're asking because of the "Obama connection", right? It fries me everytime I think about it. Donna's right: we are VERY different. I remember hearing about the United Church of Christ when I was in middle school; even then, I knew they weren't really a "church". More of a group of people who agreed to accept everything. The "gag at a gnat, swallow a camel" school of religion.

Hey sister, how are you? Are things a little softer these days.

Seeing your post hit me hard. I have been amiss in praying for you and your kids. How are they doing? Sis, I can't even remember your daughter's name who had that sweet precious baby for only a short while. Stephanie, I am so sorry I haven't been here for you dear one. LIfe gets so complicated sometimes. But please let me know how things are.

As for the United Churches of Christ the ladies have told you correctly. They do accept anything and EVERYONE, there is no sin.

Hey Ricardo was here a couple of weeks ago from Brazil. IT was great to see him.

much love and prayers now that I have been reminded.

I love you with the love of the Lord. Melody