Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello Everyone! I'm Feeling a Little Down

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I told you a few weeks back that I was laid off from my job. The next day I was contacted by another department in the same company that I worked with. They had approved a new job position in their department and wanted me to consider taking the job. Of course, I was ready to start right away.

Well due to the managers busy schedule. She traveled a lot. It took her a month to get back with me with the paperwork to start. However, she would email me periodically to make sure that I was still interested, thanked me for my patience and wanted me to let her know if I had found another job.

On Tuesday, I received an email from her that she will not be filling the position. I am devastated because I thought that I had the job. I guess it was foolish thinking on my part.

I have applied for other jobs but the companies want me to travel up to 75% of the time. I can't travel because I have my five year old and my husband. And, I have tried to get jobs through the local temp services to keep extra money coming in but since I have been in my profession so long I am overqualified for their positions.

I ask for your continued prayers for my situation.

Sincerely,

Karen

Re: Hello Everyone! I'm Feeling a Little Down

Karen, I'm so sorry this happened to you. We've been where you are. One company kept my husband "on a string" for over 6 months, then hired someone else. Thankfully, he was working the whole time, but the dishonesty of their actions still makes me angry. (And it's been 15 years.) I don't understand the necessity for dishonesty in business. I don't guess I ever will.

Father, thank You for helping us through every moment of our days. Please be with Karen and help her through this time. Please help her to find another job that will allow her to make a good salary and still take care of her family. In Jesus' name, Amen.