Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Busy, busy, busy

As much as things change, there are things that remain the same. My daughter just turned 15 last week. I'm greatful to God she is nowhere like me at 15.
My son's teeth are healing, but may still need a rootcanal.
My mid daughter made it to Las cruces and back safely last weekend. She has had a cold, though.
My youngest is working on science fair project.
Neighbors continue to have their issues.
We are still struggling. Haven't been able to pay rent lately. Bills bills bills. Havent' turned heat on yet and kind of scared to. With the cost of electricity and all.

aRe any of you on myspace or facebook.
My friend Laketa was in town a few weeks ago. We had a nice time and visit, then the following week she learned of Cascade closing. She was suppossed to be there this past week
I'm getting drowsy writing this.
State cross country meet is tomorrow.

Our congregation hired preacher.
That's all about whats going on.
Take care
ladlinll

Re: Busy, busy, busy

Sometimes I think that if it weren't for our kids, we'd have pretty calm lives. And how boring would that be?

Last week I took my son's academic team to the local PBS station to compete in scholar's bowl. We did pretty well, especially considering that we're competing against public schools with a lot more money than we have. The kids were pleased, and that's what matters.

Next week, his class is going to check out Union University in the western part of TN. They won't visit Freed-Hardeman (mainly because it isn't Baptist, but they don't put it that way). He could have gone over to FHU, but he really isn't interested (no engineering program), so he won't be going.

Re: Re: Busy, busy, busy

Is your son a junior? I understand Pepperdine has a 3-2 engineering program. IT's new. they go 3 years to Pepperdine and 2 to USC and come out with BA's from both.
My son is interested in engineering too, but boy does he need to get the grade up. I keep telling him, maybe you ought to reconsider the major.
He's in project lead the way.
LYnne

Re: Busy, busy, busy

Yes, he's a junior. (WHERE did the time go?!) He's really looking seriously at Harding, and I think we can probably swing that. There's NO WAY we could do Pepperdine.