Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm back, sorry, but merry christmas!

Hi everyone,
Sorry, I didn't have a computer in Ca. I got back a week ago this evening, but had to jump in to work and catching up on the family work that here I am a week later.
My grandfather did pass away on Thursday, December 11. I got there the night of the 9th after a marathon day that included work, changing my daughters apt to that day, leaving work to get her cast, back home to get some food for the two older kids, then rapidly pack for myself and get the younger ones packed for grandmas where they stayed, pick them up from school and rush to airport. Good news I made it.
So, I got to see grandpa and my dad who you all know is also on hospice and not doing to well.
Grandpa's obit should be at www.obits.nctimes.com He was sabino romero.
I'm mentioned as one of 27 grandkids not by name. The two half sisters are Regina, and Miranda, but it's understandable he raised them. The other 2 half sibblings arent's.
It was good to be home inspite of the situation. It had been 10 years. I cried when the plane landed in San Diego and I sang my highschool alma matter with my mom when we arrived in Oceanside! I made it.
So the 2 and a half days with grandpa were tough but good to be with family. I told my mom as soon as it was over I'd be with her and my grandmother. Sad thing I didn't make it to funeral because it was on the 19th and I had to get back to my life here in NM.
Only odd things, was Regina asked me to dinner. Miranda went too. Their spouses and my niece. The dinner conversation turned to bank accounts, and them getting one together. I was quiet didn't know what to say. As my husband says, he wasn't even burried yet and already discussing their inhereitance. It was odd. He felt they were rubbing my face in to what I wasn't getting. I discussed with my aunts. They felt that these two " girls" have always been inconsiderate of people's feelings and unappreciative of what they had.
I still have to address it with them. I had said my goodbyes and when I went to see my aunts one last time they were not there.
Still I loved being home.
Sad thing my home congregation where I was baptized 22 years earlier, seems to be dying. Only 4 members who remembed me. Maybe only a handful in attendance. 30?
That evening I went to a different congregation.
Well, that's life here.
I haven't been in the holiday spirit. So didn't get cards done or mailed off. I did get some just couldn't get myself to it.
Oh, and dad. Richard. Pray please. /The hospice said that was a first. Having father and son under hospice in same house. He has those tubes in his lungs. They are being drained weakly, but I see that is now 6 days apart. He can't walk and bound to a bed he feels like a baby. Depressed.
My half sister Rachel will move in with them. You know my aunts and uncles, well someone inherited the house and will sell but in mean time my dad, wife,a nd rachel and family will live there.
I've shared rachel is sister who had twins at 15. I think she's almost 26 now in February. Pregnant again she also has an almost 3 year old. Her husband helps my step mom with my dad. He can lift him that is why they are moving in. But, my nephew has to move out. So.... there's some tension and issues still going on. Donna is skin and bones. I disucssed this with her last night. She had heptatis, too. Realizes how she looks. So... she knows and she knows my dads time is limited. Just will this push her back to drugs.
OH, and Miranda is finally able to settle in to marriage. I think husband was shocked to meet me and realize we don't have much of a relationship. I mean, I"m nice and all. Cause when we said by at restraunt, it was him standing in parking lot saying goodbye as she jumped in car and gina and her husband were in car. Look on face was like, why?
Gina was nice and good to me while I was there. They endured things from aunts that I didn't having been with my mom. My aunts are kind to me. So.... prayers during this tension filled time. they want her and Miranda to pay for dad's burial when time comes. I guess since I"m not too close and struggling on my own most of the time they won't burden me.
Ok, well enough. Yes financially I'm still hanging in here. 2 months behind on rent, but was able to pay off Octobers.
I appreciate your love and prayers. Thank you for letting me share my story.