Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Year!

Amen.

I'm not a very "deep" person, but I was actually thinking along these lines on New Year's Eve. Thank you, Mary, for putting it in words much better than I would have.

Thank you Mary!
Sunday Evening I went to an area wide worship. The speaker, Scott? of the Albuquerque christian Student center, spoke on spiritual adultery, and a call to repent and start living for God. For us to go back to our local churches and encourage them to stop loving the world.

Word Woman, I used to think I would like to have been a "deep" person having come from a family of "intellectuals" of 6 siblings that made straight "A's" in school and all graduated with honors -- except ME. I was labled the flower of the family -- the blooming idiot. But the more I learned the heavier all responsibilities became. Also, I was the only one of the 7 that became a true Christian. The Bible warns against being the more discerning Spiritually, because it then becomes a heavy responsibility (consider the burden of responsibility on our dear Lord as He dealt with this world). The more simple we keep things (no matter how much we know!), the better off we are, and less likely to stumble at the Word; and really, probably influence others more that way too.

Well, Mary, if being simple in faith will get you into Heaven, then God's preparing a parade for me.

Thank you for your words of encouragement.