Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I was able to attend dad's funeral, arrived back in NM a week ago tonight

Hi Everyone, thank you for your love and prayers.
I'm sorry that I have not been here. My aunts payed for me to fly to Ca, again, and I did. I left Wednesday night, the 7th, and got there for the funeral Thursday. Got to spend a few days with family and at the home where I grew up. Flew back to NM last Sunday. So, as of tonight at 9PM I will have been back a week.
It was a busy week once I returned. Trying to catch up on housework and getting little sleep. Finally Friday night I slept.
Anyway, my dad's memorial service was closure for me. I sat between my step sister, and the half sister who is disowning the family. She said hi, but that is it. Miranda didn't even speak to me. Life goes on.
My aunt, Stella, gave me a photo memory book of my dad's life. The family history she included in it is something I"ve wanted the past year, so this was closure for me.
I arrived back in NM happy and at peace, but now I miss CA, well feel like I'd like to go back again. PRAYER REQUEST: My step mother , Dona, in her grief is not doing to well. they had to take her to the hospital yesterday as she took valium 15 of them that she bought off streets I"m told.
Rachel is pregnant and this streess isn't good for her. She thought her mom would be helping her.
/Then there is my cousin, Mary, who I spent 2 days with while there. She is dating a man who has been married twice and has two children he is not supporting. He lives in a homeless shelter and receives money by standing outside stores asking for donations.
He is emotionally abusive to her. the family wanted me to talk to her, and we did talk. She's been calling me. I know this is not the best relationship for her. He's using her and trying to controll her.
She's 28, but young for her age. He, robert is in his 30's. Please pray that she will realize a life without him is best. they have a deal he is to save 450 by March 1st to continue the relationship. I'm hoping he doesn't. Also, she needs a job. She interviewed Friday, I"m hoping a job, and a college class will help her stay away from Robert.
Prayers please.
Lynne

Re: I was able to attend dad's funeral, arrived back in NM a week ago tonight

Lynne,
It's so good to hear from you and thanks for updating us. I'm glad you were able to attend your dad's funeral and be with your family again. The photo memory book was such a nice gift. I'm sure your aunt put a lot of time and love into that album just for you.

I'm sorry to hear that your stepmother is having a difficult time right now but we will keep her in our prayers and also for your cousin.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Kathy

Re: Step mother dona will be taking methadone

My aunt emailed me today to say that Dona's daughters, Rachel, my half sister, and Sophia, dona's oldest, were taking her to the methadone clinic today.
They hate doing this but untill she decides to straighten out, there's not much they can do.
I understand Rachel will miss work this week. She needs the job. Her rent is 1000 a month. I hope things get better.