Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Afraid and a little Down

Hello Again Everyone:

I wanted to give you an update about how things are going in my life and ask for continued prayers and some advice.

I had posted a while back letting everyone know I was laid off from my job back. I thank everyone for their prayers. I had a little bit of savings to cushion us until I found other work and my husband still has his job. But now, our savings is depleted and I haven't found a full time job as of yet.

However, I've been working with a few companies as an independent contractor/self employed type work on a part time basis but I have one problem. The companies do not pay me timely after I invoice them. So, we are getting behind on our bills and the stress from the bill collectors are brutal.

I am still applying for permanent jobs with companies that are not self employment type work but nothing has materialized yet. However, I received a phone call from a staffing service who has a company that needs someone with my background. They forwarded the company my resume' and I am just playing the waiting game to hear the final outcome.

I just don't know what to do. I am afraid and I know I shouldn't be. And I am tired of putting in long hours as an independent contractor and not seeing payment for projects that I have completed a month or a month and a half ago. I can't budget for our basic expenses. I have set up payment arrangements for our utilities and praying for a check to show up in the mail.

I apologize for the long message but I just needed to share my feelings and you guys have been so wonderful to me in the past.

Love,

Your Sister in Christ,

Karen

Re: Re: Afraid and a little Down

Karen, this is a subject that takes a lot of thought to be answered fully. First advice would be to make your life as simple as possible: like using candles to disperse light after dark when you are not reading or whatever; make your pleasures simple like a picnic in the park or a game of croquet on the lawn rather than the exciting glitter of Disney Land with the money that should be on bills. Many things can be cut down to a "pilgrim life of living" that we as a spoiled country cannot imagine, and so many times have I seen the younger generation not realizing what they are doing, put their money and time into costly things that mean nothing, while letting important issues be put on the back burner.

If you caught the inaugration this morning, we may can be looking to a survival of our government yet. I am still skeptical, but it was very impressive for the moment. One thing that impressed me was the use of spiritual values in most of what they did. So with our prayers continuing to our Soverign Lord and a return to hopful endeavors, maybe the year 2009 will prove to be a revival.

May God keep you beneath the shadow of His wing.

Re: Re: Afraid and a little Down

Karen, you have my prayers. Know that you are not physically alone in your situation; many of us have been there or are there now. I understand how afraid you are; and being a Christian makes you feel guilty for being afraid. Been there, done that. Take it a day at a time. Rely on God to get you through. With Him, you're never alone.

Re: Afraid and a little Down (Thanks Everybody)

I appreciate everyone for their insight and encouragement.

Sincerely,

Karen