Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keep my niece in your prayers

It's been two weeks ago yesterday that my 11 yr old niece began vomiting. My sister believed it to be just a virus but making a long story short my niece, Sheridan had an emergency appendectomy. Her appendix had ruptured. This past Tuesday she had a second surgery for 3 abcesses that caused a portion of her bowels not to work. Sheridan is doing better and recovering well but she is still in pain. Recovery is a slow process. Please pray for her as she recovers and for her full recovery. Also, remember my sister, her husband and my nephew as they go through this with her. They are so very tired and weary.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Kathy

Re: Keep my niece in your prayers

Our Father, who watches over even the little sparrows, we beg Your watchful eye over this child and her family in these trials and support her and heal her quickly. In Christ, Amen

Amen.

Kathy, how is you niece doing now?

Sorry, it's taken a while to answer your question Mary. I wrote a nice reply early this morning and then my computer did an automatic update and restarted my computer while I was in the middle of my reply. I lost everything I wrote. I had to go to work and I'm just now finding a minute to get back to this.

Sheridan is doing much better. She is still in the hospital but if she continues progressing as doctors suspect she may get to go home this week-end. The doctors have taken all the tubes out and want her to eat, walk, and sit in a chair. Her bowels have began working again and that is a blessing. She is still in pain and addicted to morphine so they are working on getting her off that also.

Tomorrow (Friday) will be three weeks ago that she got sick and will be in the hospital three weeks this coming Sunday. Her family appreciates all the prayers that have been lifted in Sheridan's behalf and for the family. Their church family have really been a blessing to them too and helping in any way that they can. Please keep them in your prayers as she continues to recovery in the hospital and when she gets home.

Love,
Kathy

I dropped by the hospital after work this evening. Sheridan was watching a comedy movie and smiling real big. That was one of the first smiles we have seen from her in three weeks. She was also interested in a strawberry shake from McDonald's. This was also a first. So I immediately ran to McDonald's and brought back the shake. She enjoyed that too although I don't know if she finished it. If she just drank two or three sips of it then that was a big hurdle for her. My sister said she washed Sheridan's hair yesterday and Sheridan brushed the tangles out herself. It's amazing to see her able to do these things for herself once again. Hopefully she will be able to come home soon.

I called my sister when I got home from AM Worship Services. They are being dismissed to come home today and packing up and waiting on their ride. This has been a long hard three weeks for Sheridan and her mother and father. Please continue to remember them in your prayers as they return to their home environment and Sheridan continues her recovery at home. We have so much to be thankful to God for this blessing and that He has answered our prayers.

GOOD NEWS! Our God is a good God, full of grace and mercy! May He continue to bless us all the same, as we bow to His Will!

Thank you so much Mary! The church was so excited to hear the good news this evening. Their care group has scheduled meals for them up through next Monday so far. Also, there was a table set up in the foyer tonight after worship for everyone to sign a big welcome home banner.

Kathy,
don't know if you remember, but my daughter, Hannah, went through something similar the Summer before last. She only had one abcess, but it had to be drained. She was down about a week more after she got out of the hospital. The good news is that she did recover and has gone on to lead a pretty healthy life.
I know it's a rough time, but this too shall pass.
Our loving Father,
Thank you for all of our friends on this board. Please forgive us when life seems to get busy and we dont always turn to you. Right now, we lift Kathy's niece up. Please be with her and her doctors. Please help her to get through this trying time. Please heal her and lift her spirits. I know it's hard. In Jesus Name we pray,
Amen.