Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you for your prayers/ And Job Offer

Hi everyone:

I wanted to give you an update about my job situation. You guys prayed for me a little while back after I was laid off my job. I have been offered a position with a company. However, while the manager was offering the position to me, she mentioned that I would need to come onsite (out of state) for a week training. I was not told that during the interview process. The company's headquarters is out of state. However, I would be a work from home employee. It is a large company that I have performed contract work with in the past.

Here is my problem. I have a six year old. She is starting school in a few weeks. I don't have anyone to take care of her if I go to this training. I don't know how to work around this. And I don't want to decline the job. What should I do? During the interview, she knew I would be a remote employee and made sure that I was comfortable training through their web conferencing. (I have done this successfully in the past for another group that I worked with for this company as a contractor.)

Now all of a sudden, she wants me to train at the company's home office. And then, I will work remotely.

Thanks everyone again!

Karen

Re: Thank you for your prayers/ And Job Offer

Father, please guide Karen as she deals with this situation. Help her to know what You want her to do. And if she goes to the training, please send someone to her who will care for her child as she would. Help her to be okay, however this turns out. We know that You hear us and help us, and we thank You for loving us. In Jesus' name, Amen.