Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Life Decisions

Pray, pray, and pray some more. You're only 26, so owning a home is something that CAN be put off for awhile. (And I understand your wanting to own a home.) Can you do nursing school on a part-time basis? I know some women who are doing that, and while it takes longer, it seems to work. About the man: if you've been together 6-1/2 years, why haven't you already married? I don't know the circumstances, but it just seems like a long time to me.

Re: Life Decisions

Stacy, I don't know if anything I can say can be of help to you, but I will try. I was 40 when I returned to college and got my associate degree in nursing, and had 10 years of good practice. After getting my associate degree I then worked and did more schooling part time. I was working on my master's degree in Psychological nursing when I made the decision to quit because there was no place for it in the little town where I live. But it certainly was worth the effort for what I did.

As for your other questions.... if you have been living with a man as "husband" for 6 years, and if both of you love each other, and have been committed to each other alone, then essentially in the eyes of God you are already married. So as WordWoman asked, why have you not already "married"? Also remember that this is for this life only, and what you should be reaching for ultimately is the spiritual life, and eternity.

And as she also said... pray... pray...pray.......