Return to Website

McCurdy Plantation Horse Registry and Association

The purpose of the Registry (est. 1993) and the Association (est. 1995) is to preserve the McCurdy horse historic bloodline as a distinct breed, promote their use & enjoyment, and enhance the knowledge and appreciation of the McCurdy Horse as a treasured legacy of the Old South.  

Forum: McCurdy Plantation Horse Registry and Association
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
McCurdy Hosted Trail Rides

I'm looking forward to the spring trail ride.

Re: McCurdy Hosted Trail Rides

Hi! Great idea for a message board! I hope we get lots of people joining so we can talk McCurdy horses!!!

Pixie, me too! This was Matt's idea and I really hope it takes off.

How are you and your horses?

Hey... they're all great. Can we post pics? A friend snapped a shot of me with Rebel at my lesson yesterday. My instructor was having me get Rebel to kick the ball. Here's a pic as Jason was talking to me:

Photobucket

And a pretty headshot she took:

Photobucket

Cool! It worked! Jason is urging me to show Rebel in an NWHA show in the spring... think he said it'd be in Murfreesboro. I need to quit being such a chicken and do it! I'm gonna show Rebel at the Gaited Three Phase Event in April and Jason will show my 2 year old named Gabe. Here's Jason on Gabe after a few weeks under saddle:

Photobucket

How 'bout you and your gang?

Is there a way to edit? I was gonna edit in another comment asking if a notice about this board had been sent out to association members? I just happened to see it while checking the board out. I wonder how often association members check the website? It'd be a great way to connect and share about our horses.

Hey ya'll, I sure wish that I lived close enough to come easily to the McCurdy Trail Rides! I am going to make a concerted effort to make the Spring 2009 ride.
Hopefully, there won't be any endurance rides to interfere with the date of the ride.

This message board is a terrific idea! I had no idea it was here until Pixie told me about it!

It's starting to be the rainy season in Oregon now. Pretty soon it will be duck and goose hunting time....great for the Labs! We are continuing to ride the horses when the weather calms down enough to not be too uncomfortable. I guess we have to put up with wet conditions to have the green pastures....

I hope to hear from more of the McCurdy enthusiasts on this message board, and I will try to learn from Pixie how to post photos!

June

Pixie!

Great photos of Rebel! He is one gorgeous McCurdy gelding! So is Gabe. Jason is doing such a terrific job on the horses. You definitely need to take Rebel to the NWHA Spring show. Wish I could be there to support you!

June

Hey June!

Glad you made it! Does Colleen know about this? I'll send her a note this morning.

Paula Sue, is there a list of association members' e-mail addresses? Maybe a notice could be sent to them to let them know? I'd be glad to do it but I don't know the addresses.

I'll make a separate post telling how I posted pictures.

Re: NWHA show

Matt can send out a mass e-mail, or Colleen. I don't have a list.

Pixie, I'm going to be helping at that show in the spring!!! Do show!!! We will have so much fun!

Hey Paula Sue.... okay... no more "bok, bok" from me!!! LOL! When is the show? I know Jason said it is before the Gaited Three Phase Event and he thought it'd be a good show for me to do as a warm-up.

I believe April 4 and 5th. http://www.nwha.com/shows.html
You can check for NWHA shows on that page. Maybe you can come down in June and show at my show with Colleen. She said she is going to show this year.

Paula Sue and Pixie, good morning!

That is SO exciting that NWHA is providing an arena for the McCurdys to finally show off their "stuff"!! What an exciting organization. I was so proud of Cajun at the NWHA Nationals in 2007 ! Plus, the exhibit of the McCurdy Plantation Horse was incredible at that show. Pixie and Colleen will be showing off the McCurdys in 2009 for sure! Colleen is also doing some endurance rides with her McCurdys in the coming weeks in Texas. I will be doing endurance rides come Spring with two McCurdys!
I only wish that NWHA would come to the Northwest with some shows. Paula Sue, do you think that might be in the future of NWHA?

June,

I put on two shows here in Texas and affiliate with NWHA. Use their judges and DQPs. You can put on a show up there!! All gaited horses are allowed to show, the show manager just needs to put in classes for the horse breeds in their area.

I secretary one NWHA show here in Texas and one in Denver, Colorado.

.......Paula Sue: and....one in the Northwest????

I have absolutely NO experience in putting on horse shows....or even being in one!! I'm the breeder, trail rider, and endurance rider! (and instigator!) You and Colleen and Pixie are the show horse guru's!!

"You and Colleen and Pixie are the show horse guru's!!"

Me?! ME?! Me, who has never ridden in a show in her LIFE?! Me, who is so chicken to ride her pretty horsey around a ring for some crazy reason?

RRRRRROFL!

Maybe one day but not now!!!!

Yes'reyee Pixie! I expect you to compete...yes YOU....in the Three Day Event with Rebel for sure! You Can Do it...and should!

You will be awesome. You look perfect on Rebel.....

Re: Horse Shows

June, You can put on a horse show. The hardest part is finding a date and arena. It is easy from that point on. Do you have a gaited club in the area? They might be able to help, too. You will need lots of volunteers to help with the first show until you see how it will go over.

Re:gaited open horse shows

Pixie, I promise to inquire to see just how much interest there would be in a open gaited horse show! My friend, Brenda....mentor for endurance....has shown TWH's for years and would be a good source of information and knows a lot of people that could help.....thanks!

Uh, right June...... LOL
I used to show hunters (jumping) and dressage. I did show Cruise in a yearling futurity class at a walker show, but never did show TWH under saddle. We do need to take our lovely ladies to some shows next year, that would be fun and we could have eachother for moral support!

Email  

Welcome, Brenda ! to the message board!

Brenda is a new McCurdy owner! She has acquired a wonderful filly by Tradition and out of Misty Maria McCurdy. She calls her "Bonnie" and has her wonderfully trained as a 3 year old. Brenda is a terrific ambassador for the McCurdy breed with her continued enthusiasm. She owned McCurdy's Glory...my first McCurdy foal by Tradition....for awhile and introduced her to endurance. Glory was a wonderful fit to endurance and ended up in Texas with a new owner that will continue her endurance career. The lady who bought her is now a converted Arab to McCurdy owner. She loves her!

WELCOME!!!

Paula Sue and Pixie I guess you guys are going to have to make a choice because the Spring Trail Ride is the same weekend as the show that you are talking about.

OHHHHH NOOOO, I had already told them that I would help with the show. I also told Colleen that I would go with her on the spring ride. NOW what am I going to do?

Paula Sue, I am going to try to go to the Spring Ride! Maybe I will go to Texas first and ride with Colleen to Alabama! I think I would have done that anyway!
It would be awesome to ride with you as well!!!!

June

June,
That makes me feel better. But, I really wanted to go to this ride and help Matt. I know he is working hard to make the rides bigger and better with show cases, clinics, entertainment, etc. It would be fun to ride with you, too.
I guess I need to decide pretty soon!
Paula Sue

Ack!

Hey y'all, I've been recovering from surgery. I'm feeling better and decided to drop in this morning.

Dern it re: event conflicts! I think it is also the same weekend of Equine Affair. I know Jason (my instructor/trainer) wasn't for sure he would be attending the NWHA show because they always go to EA, so it's all up in the air.

After my lil' health scare (we were worried for a bit that I might have a tumor but I didn't... YAY!), I'm *gratefully* taking each day at a time and will just see how it all works out.

The trail ride is Saturday AND Sunday? Or just one day? Does the NWHA show go longer than just the weekend? I was only planning on taking Rebel for more experience at a horse show and didn't have my heart set on any certain classes, so there could be some wiggle room regarding the NWHA show. I'm wondering if I could even do both but might have my "eyes bigger than my stomach"!!! Just thinking on it at this point...

JUNE?! You're coming, too??!!! Ohhhhhhhh... I gotta get my butt down to that ride. I'm hoping the NWHA show might start during the week? Maybe I could go to the show and then head on down to 'bama!!!!

[Getting excited!!!]

Paula, I hope it works out somehow for you, too. I was really looking forward to seeing you!!! [Fingers crossed]

Pixie, Your heart!! OH MY. Glad you are ok. The horse show is Fri, Sat and Sun. The ride is Saturday only with Friday night activities.

I'm so sad, I hate event conflicts!

pss

Pixie, I'm glad to hear that you are o.k, that must have been quite a scare....

I'm not sure if you have any riding horses to sell but we are going to have a "McCurdy Showcase" at the Spring ride that will be an oppurtunity for you to show your McCurdys to the public. What it amounts to is directly following lunch we are going to set up some type of temporary arena and McCurdy owners can show horses for sale, potential breeding stallions, or just good McCurdy horses that someone may want to exhibit to the crowd. This should be a good way for us to exhibit our horses to the interested public. Hopefully it will grow into a can't miss event for anyone that is looking to purchase a McCurdy...a good way to see a stallion perform before you choose to breed to him or a see a gelding perform before you purchase him or a broodmare before you start a breeding program and so on. It will be kind of like the production sale but not exactly.
I just thought I would mention it because I wasn't sure that you were aware that we were going to add that to the list of activities at future trail rides.

GEEZ...sigh.... ...I sure wish I lived closer to bring some great McCurdys to the Spring Ride!!!

June, I know a bunch of real estate agents that are itching to make a sale and I'm sure you know a U-Haul place close to you, we can fix that problem real easy-like.....

According to Barry....we'd have to rent every U-Haul in the country!!

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com