Return to Website

McCurdy Plantation Horse Registry and Association

The purpose of the Registry (est. 1993) and the Association (est. 1995) is to preserve the McCurdy horse historic bloodline as a distinct breed, promote their use & enjoyment, and enhance the knowledge and appreciation of the McCurdy Horse as a treasured legacy of the Old South.  

Forum: McCurdy Plantation Horse Registry and Association
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
2008 Trail riding

I thought I would start an area for people to share photos of their summer trail riding. What do you think? I had so much fun sharing the McCurdy's with new people on the trails. They were so impressed with them.

Ace Hi McCurdy at Timothy Lake

We rode a good 5 hours around Timothy Lake, near Mt Hood, Oregon. Part of the ride were on the Pacific Crest Trail that goes from Canada to Mexico!

Re: 2008 Trail riding

Here's another photo of the same ride. Both McCurdy's Helles Belles and Ace Hi McCurdy were on the ride:

McCurdy's Helles Belles at TImothy Lake

One last photo of the ride.....just 'caus it's fun!

Helles Belles and Ace at TImothy Lake

Pixie! Let's see some field trial and trail photos of your horses! Same goes for everyone else

Pretty autumm colors

Photobucket

Fall mushroom hunting in Eagle Creek, Oregon. Deep, dense, old growth forest along a raging creek, absolutely beautiful, we scored 5 bags of chanterelle and lobster mushrooms
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

GREAT photos, Brenda! Look at the gorgeous clover on the ground! We sure are lucky to have such beautiful green lush places to ride!

Hi Brenda! So glad you joined in!

What beautiful pictures of beautiful horses and beautiful country!!!

I'll find some pictures to post soon. What stinks is that I'm usually the one taking pictures and don't have any of me riding. I've been bad lately about having my camera on me when riding.

Thanks for posting these pictures!!!

oh, I have TONS of everyone else riding, hehe, but very few of me. It's nice at the endurance rides though, because there's photographers scattered here and there (some amateur, some pro) where you can get your photos later--here's my favorite from June of this summer, myself and Jubilee's Windwalker, my 7 yr old TWH gelding on a 75 mile endurance ride. LONG day in the saddle, we started at 530am and finished at 930 that night in the dark

Sunriver/Mt Adams 75 mile endurance ride

Brenda, what a wonderful photo of Brego and you "trucking" along!!! And you having a Huge Smile on your face!

Today we had a wonderful trail ride in the Molalla Corridor hills in Oregon!
We road the forest service road because the single track trails are too slippery due to it being the rainy season. We still were in the second growth forest with abundant green ferns covering the floor. There is still lots of Fall colors, with wind chasing the leaves all around. (Poetic??? )

The three young McCurdys did an awesome job! Here's a photo of Hooch with Elayne Barclay riding him. She is doing a great job with him. He is so calm, willing and gaited for only 3 years old:

Photobucket

More photos to follow!

Pixie, here's a photo for you. Hooch is one stout boy!!! Wish you had been with us. You Have to come and visit and ride with us. You would have a ball!!

Photobucket

Hooch looks GREAT, June!!! Wow, he's gorgeous. Glad you all had fun in the rain. Y'all are troopers! Keep the pics coming!

I'll hopefully post more soon. I need to go take some pics of Jason with Gabe again. He's coming along nicely!

Pixie, there's a lady in NC looking for a McCurdy gelding. Do you know of any that are well broke? You aren't interested in selling Gabe or Rebel are you?

This lady is also very interested in Hooch. But, the shipping costs across the country are about $1000.

Does anyone else out there have a calm, steady McCurdy gelding for sale???

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks