Return to Website

McCurdy Plantation Horse Registry and Association

The purpose of the Registry (est. 1993) and the Association (est. 1995) is to preserve the McCurdy horse historic bloodline as a distinct breed, promote their use & enjoyment, and enhance the knowledge and appreciation of the McCurdy Horse as a treasured legacy of the Old South.  

Forum: McCurdy Plantation Horse Registry and Association
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
How many McCurdys do each of you own?

I was just wondering how many McCurdys everyone has...I have 20!

Email  
Re: How many McCurdys do each of you own?

I have two, a three year old filly and a yearling filly, I'm in Oregon

Email  

Show ‘em off, Matt!

Brenda, I’m so happy June got you hooked!

Eight here! Let’s see... 3 mares, 2 fillies, 3 geldings.

Let’s see, I already showed Rose in another thread... this is her and this year’s bay roan filly, Melody:

Photobucket

Here’s Maggie and her first foal (another bay roan filly) born this year, Allie:

Photobucket

This is Moon, a five year old maiden mare:

Photobucket

My “heart” horse, Rebel... now a 5 year old gelding (sire of the two fillies born this year)... picture taken at the Gaited Three Phase Event, Jason Crawhorn riding:

Photobucket

Here is Bud, Rose’s first foal. He’s a 6 yr old gelding... ugh, this picture is two years old! I’m always the one taking pics, so I dont’ have any recent pictures of Bud... bad, bad me... this is at a field trial:

Photobucket

My two year old, Gabe, whom I’m absolutely in love with! Rose blessed me with his presence in June, 2006. He’s in training now at my instructors, Jason Crawhorn, and doing wonderfully. Did I say I loved this boy? He’s my lil’ dream horse!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay... that’s my McCurdy crew!!!

Great pics! Pixie

We have, let me see.......10 at this time!!! Mercy is going to foal the middle of March! (hope the weather cooperates!) We've been selling quite a few lately!

Sadly, I only have 1. I also have a Walker who presented me with a foal on April Fools Day!

Email  

Matt....as of this morning, we have 11 McCurdys! I sure hope the McCurdy Trail Ride was lots of fun! I was home delivering a new McCurdy blue roan filly!

June

Hey June, the trail ride went great....congrats on the new foal. We have a stud colt that is about 3 weeks old and 2 that were due this past Wed. the first, but they haven't come yet. I figured that they would be born while we were at the trail ride as that has happened the past 2 years but they pulled through the weekend.

Matt,

I'm sure that all your great effort helped make the Trail Ride a success!
Sure wish that I had been there, but I guessed correctly about Mercy foaling right on the day of the ride!!!

Good luck with your foaling of the last 2 mares, and congrats on the stud colt!
Post some photos of the foals as soon as you have the chance! I will do the same.
Our new filly will go out in the pasture this morning, so I will have the camera ready!

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com