Return to Website

McCurdy Plantation Horse Registry and Association

The purpose of the Registry (est. 1993) and the Association (est. 1995) is to preserve the McCurdy horse historic bloodline as a distinct breed, promote their use & enjoyment, and enhance the knowledge and appreciation of the McCurdy Horse as a treasured legacy of the Old South.  

Forum: McCurdy Plantation Horse Registry and Association
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
McCurdy gelding, two years old, ready to start his super-star career!

McCurdy's Doc Holiday, bred by June and Barry Snook of J-Bar Farms of Canby, Oregon. See pics of him on this website, when you click on "horses for sale"--he's running on the beach, having a grand ol' time.
Doc has had all his ground training and is ready to go to work. Needs daily handling--he's a super smart, brilliant athlete who will excell in anything from reining to team penning to endurance to field trials.
Standing 15.1 now and growing, he'll be suitable for a heavyweight. Been ponied this past year all over the Cascade Range weekly--sure footed and steady. Has had a rider on his back a few times now. Gathers cattle on his own and loads in the trailer on his own. Asking $2850 for this great horse--price does not reflect his quality. Take this horse to Tevis in a few years!

Contact Krista at 541-913-1559

Email  
Re: McCurdy gelding, two years old, ready to start his super-star career!

In addition, I should tell you that Doc has enjoyed many multiple night campouts and he is a super camper. Easy going and no drama. Stands for farrier--has super hard feet that will never need shoes. Clips, bathes, ground drives, etc.

This horse is as pretty as they come. Absolutely stunning. I'll have him up at Quinn Meadows Horse camp this next week and will update his progress on the trail. His sisters are excelling in their endurance careers, and I am sure Doc will live up to his exceptional breeding as well. Call for more info--this boy needs a job and I'm not giving him the attention he deserves. Krista 541-913-1559

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Email Forms