Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More Fromm Food Questions

Sorry to belabor this topic, and I did a search on Fromm foods before posting this.( Bare with me.. I am new to breeding)

Most of the posts referred to their adult food.
Anyone using the Fromm Gold Puppy or Large Breed Puppy with good results? ( firm poopie, good even growth?)
I have local feed store that carries this food/ and they have a great new breeder program.
Thank you in advance.

Re: More Fromm Food Questions

I used Fromm Large Breed Puppy and had a terrible time keeping weight on my pups. I eventually switched them to another brand because I wasn't pleased with how it worked for my pups. Maybe others have had good results with it, as not every food works for every dog. Just my personal experience.

I use Fromm Gold puppy and have for a few years. I love the results.

loved the ingredients but couldn't keep weight on either. Told my sister with an overweight lab girl and she has dropped weight at a nice rate and is on her 3rd bag. So she loves it. We had to go with some thing that gave the dogs a good amount per meal without eating us out of house and home. We were having to up the amount of the Fromm all the time for the same result. Still it would be good for the ones that gain weight too easily.

the whole point of lb puppy food is to keep puppies from putting on too much weight. Some people seem to want there puppies to carry way more weight than necessary. Remember, leaner is healthier.

I've tried weaning puppies onto a few different brands of foods, but love the FROMM Puppy Gold. This one has worked well; firm stools and although not huge overweight puppies they are of proper weight and growing evenly and so far so good!