Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LABRADORS LOOKING FOR HOMES

TO ALL MY LABRADOR FRIENDS. IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET THAT I AM DOING THIS POST. AS MOST OF YOU KNOW MY LIFE HAS BECOME SOME WHAT OF A MESS THESE DAYS, WITH THAT SAID I HAVE DECIDED THAT IT IS TIME TO MAKE SOME BIG CHANGES IN MY LIFE, WITH MAKING THESE CHANGES THEIR WILL NOT BE ROOM FOR MY BELOVED LABRADORS. I ASSURE YOU THAT THIS IS NOT A EASY DECISION BUT ONE I HAVE TO MAKE.
LABRADORS HAVE BEEN A HUGE PART OF MY LIFE FOR THE PAST 17 YEARS. MY LABRADORS HAVE BROUGHT ME SO MUCH JOY IN MY LIFE. I HAVE MET SO MANY WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND HAVE TRAVELED TO SO MANY WONDERFUL PLACES BECAUSE OF THEM. THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS I HAVE EVER DONE. EACH TIME THEY LEAVE IT WILL TAKE A PIECE OUT OF MY HART.. MY ONLY HOPE IN ALL OF THIS IS THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO FIND LOVING HOMES FOR ALL OF THEM.. I HAVE DOGS RANGING FROM AGE TWO AND UP OF DIFFERENT QUALITY. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ONE OF MY LABRADORS PLEASE HAVE THEM CONTACT ME AT 513-403-2520. I DON'T HAVE A WEBSITE BUT DO HAVE SOME NEWER PHOTO'S OF SOME OF THE DOGS ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE. IF YOU SEND A REQUEST FOR ME TO EXCEPT YOUR FRIENDSHIP ON FB, PLEASE SEND A NOTE IN THE REQUEST. THANK YOU REBECCA

Re: LABRADORS LOOKING FOR HOMES

There are many Rebecca Cook's on FB - how are we to know which one is you? Where are you located? Are you going to spay/neuter before the dogs leave (crossing my fingers that the answer is yes)?

Get a grip Location?, Rebecca is a well known breeder who has BISS Ch Labradors. I am quite sure you don't need to police her and her home choices for her dogs.

I agree, if you don't know Rebecca you must not have been in Labs long or show much. Any of us could get in a situation to have to adjust our life. I feel for her and know she loves the breed.

I AM LOCATED IN HAMILTON OH FOR THOSE OF YOU ASKING.
THE DOGS THAT WILL BE GOING FOR PETS WILL BE SPAYED OR NEUTERED. HOWEVER I DUE HAVE SOME SHOW DOGS THAT WILL ONLY GO TO RESPONSIBLE BREEDERS....

Rebecca, Such a hard choice. Your lovely dogs will find good homes. It will be sad to not see you and your dogs at the shows. Wishing you all of the best of luck in the future. You have had some very special Labs. Sincerely, Ellie Stintzcum buttonwood

Isn't this your website, or are you a different Rebecca Cook?
http://www.llanelabs.com/

I am so sorry you have found yourself in this position. Could happen to any one of us. Hope all goes well for you.

Yes that is my web site but very outdated some of the dogs that are available are not on the site....

For those of you that are calling, please give me a day or so to get myself together. At the moment I am emotionally a wreck and can't think or talk....

Rebecca, I do not personally know you, although I have seen you at many Labrador specialties. I am so sorry for whatever life problem has forced you to place your dogs. I am sure you adore your dogs, and I hope they all go to wonderful, loving homes. I also hope that you are able to return to the show circuit and enjoy your dogs again in that venue. God bless you and be by your side.

Rebecca,
You don't know me but I just want to express how sorry I am for what ever you are going through. It must be so painful to have to place your beloved dogs at a time when you probabley need their love the most.
I don't know if you have contacted your Veterinarian in regards to placing your dogs. If not it's something you might consider doing. At the practice I work for we keep lists of clients looking for dogs to adopt. Some folks may have had to put a dog down recently and would like a nice young adult or senior dog to fill a void in the heart and home. Just a suggestion if you haven't already done so.
I hope things will get better for you soon...

Regards, Melody

Rebecca, I'm sorry to hear about your decision and can't imagine how hard it must be for you to have come to it. Hugs from here & I hope that the lab community can help you find great homes for all your beloved labs. All the best to you now and in the future.

Hi Rebecca - I don't know you personally but have seen you at shows at looked at pictures of your beautiful dogs. In fact, I printed out a picture of one of your girls to keep in my "this is a perfect labrador" folder. I'm so sorry that circumstances have brought you to this point. I know things will eventually get better for you. Please know that many people admire you and are praying for you.

I can only imagine the great courage it took you to reach out on this Forum to place all your Labs. Life throws many painful curves and this must be very bad, and I am so very sorry for you. I am thinking of you and hope the Labs are all placed with loving families and that you can get through this horrible time. Yes, I am afraid horrible things can happen to any of us and we are not walking in your shoes right now, but please know I care. This will pass in time.

I too have looked at the pictures on your website and saw so many lovely Labs, God Bless You and them.